Who will be Deputy Prime Minister after the General Election?

How about Mr Angela Merkel?

A close run race with Denis Thatcher:hihi:

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 21:56 ----------

Milliband.

I thought someone had their hand up his jacksie at his post budget speech, never heard him orate like that before.

Do you reckon somebody had slipped a Mickey Finn in his Horlicks?

It's a simple question but a complex answer. Who do you think will end up as Deputy Prime Minister after the General Election?

Hopefully someone who is not in the position to line his own pockets and start making the country prosper and its hard working people but of course there all the same as long as there alright Jack

What an absolute snake that Afzal Amin is. If this was a plot for a film people would dismiss it as far fetched.

I hope he gets his comeuppance, and he sinks into obscurity.

could very easily be nobody. There isn't really any such job in British politics. There is no equivalent of USA the Vice-Presidency here and had Cameron died in office then the next PM would not have been Clegg. He would have just stood at the dispatch box a few times while the majority Tories behind him elected a replacement Tory PM.

Labour has a deputy leader, they do tend to fill in when the boss is on holiday and so on, but again if the PM dies or otherwise cannot continue the job there is no guarantee that they will be the successor like a US Vice-President would. They will have to stand in a leadership election.

Clegg's job is basically a non job, where the Liberals did well in the negotiations to form the coalition was not Clegg becoming Deputy PM but when they made sure that Liberals were to get jobs at some level in just about every government department.

Edited by blake

could very easily be nobody. There isn't really any such job in British politics. There is no equivalent of USA the Vice-Presidency here and had Cameron died in office then the next PM would not have been Clegg. He would have just stood at the dispatch box a few times while the majority Tories behind him elected a replacement Tory PM.

Labour has a deputy leader, they do tend to fill in when the boss is on holiday and so on, but again if the PM dies or otherwise cannot continue the job there is no guarantee that they will be the successor like a US Vice-President would. They will have to stand in a leadership election.

Clegg's job is basically a non job, where the Liberals did well in the negotiations to form the coalition was not Clegg becoming Deputy PM but when they made sure that Liberals were to get jobs at some level in just about every government department.

I see that the current deputy PM, Nick Clegg, is now saying that he feels 'more anti establishment' than he did 5 years ago before he entered the coalition and got his nice ministerial car.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/20/leader-interviews-nick-clegg-anti-establishment

Which is a bit of a coincidence, as I'm sure that the people of Hallam feel more anti Clegg than they did after he's been in the coalition :hihi:

I'm sure that he'll find gainful employment after he's chucked out on his ear by the electorate - dancing for fish on a light entertainment show, like Neil 'brown envelope' Hamilton

:o

Clegg is not going to lose Hallam it would be an idea if the fantasists here got that out of their minds. The only question is whether Hallam is going to be the Sheffield seat with the narrowest majority - it could be Hallam I suppose, but I reckon that it will be Central (again), but with a much bigger margin than the 65 votes Labour clung on to it last time.