The demolition of All saints church and school

glen

I was recently sent a photo of my old school and the church(all saints) also i was sent a photo of the demolition site and the new church (building) that was built in its place.Any comments??I know these buildings cant last for ever BUT.I remember so well sitting in my Grandmothers house listening to the church bells on Sunday mornings.I miss that sound.!!

Arty I remember those Sundays so well.I felt so secure and safe,thinking back,and not knowing the words to say at that time.The smell of the Sunday roast and the mint sauce,yorkshire pudding.I am happy to say that i now make those things MMMM:P Remember Sadie?

Hi,

All Saints Church was certainly an imposing building and well-positioned. i was a land mark that could be seen from most parts of Sheffield.

When it was built in the mid nineteenth century, I believe Sir John Brown paid most, if not all, of the cost.

Regards

Hi,

All Saints Church was certainly an imposing building and well-positioned. It was a land mark that could be seen from most parts of Sheffield.

When it was built in the mid nineteenth century, I believe Sir John Brown paid most, if not all, of the cost.

Regards

Hi Glen

Just thought you might be interested to know:

The bells that were in the tower of All Saints Brightside were not destroyed or lost when the church was demolished, they were transferred to St Anne's, Worksop.

Arty I remember those Sundays so well.I felt so secure and safe,thinking back,and not knowing the words to say at that time.The smell of the Sunday roast and the mint sauce,yorkshire pudding.I am happy to say that i now make those things MMMM:P Remember Sadie?
Hi Glen, Yes was she not a lovely and affectionate dog, she was a brindle scots terrier ,your granddad once supplied one of his dogs with a west highland white to a whisky traveller a an advert for black &white whisky[ I have not seen that whisky around for many years] Arty.

Thanks for the photo Pietro.Fantastic.Yes i am to young to be on the photo.but i went to the girls school in Sutherland road.anybody got any more Photos of the school.

Archived