Blades vs Scunthorpe

canadablade

Lets have another 3 points and a clean sheet shall we and help secure that play-off spot for DEM BLADES.

No ifs or buts or rubbish about bogey teams, they can think of enough excuses themselves without us doing it for them.

The time has arrived to sort them as can and them as can't, only a win will suffice and anyone coming off the pitch who isn't physically or mentally exhausted shouldn't have been on it in the first place.

Tricky fixture this one , Scunny bogey team , 2 - 1 to the Iron. :o Owl.

Funnily enough I thought the same, until it was pointed out to me by someone who apparently takes note of these things that we have beaten them 2-1 and 3-0 on their last two league visits to the Lane.

We also beat them 5-3 on penalties in the Johnson's paint trophy, meaning that they have lost on their last three visits to the Lane.

Our overall results against them are Played 24 lost 6 drawn 8 won 10.

Obviously that means that they are due a result. :o:(:D

Since 2008 there has been 11 League meetings between the Blades and Iron.

Scunthorpe have won 5 , these all being in the Championship.

United have won 2 these being in League 1.

The other 4 resulted in draws.

Since 2011/12 United are unbeaten in the last 5 meetings between the two,

winning 2 and drawing the other 3.

So the general consensus that Scunthorpe are the Blades bogey team only

applied during their Championship meetings.

The Blades have turned that around by being unbeaten in their last 5 meetings.

A well contested close match is expected tonight.

So the Iron are no longer their bogey team. :) Owl.

---------- Post added 24-03-2015 at 10:18 ----------

So therefore I take back what I said earlier that Scunny are the Blades bogey team,

The Blades have turned that saying upside down ,we'll done. :) Owl.

Wel I wanted Done playing up front on Saturday, not out wide, so let's hope Nigel listens to me today!

He won't ,he doesn't listen to anyone, he is his own man.

I firmly believe he is very stubborn , and if he falls out with any of his players then there

is no comeback for them.

Also these players that come into that category = Neill Collins , Andy Butler , Jamal Campbell -Rice , and maybe the most promising player on the books Diego De Girolamo .

These 4 are very good players and if Clough had not been so stubborn and made up and

played these 4 I believe the Blades would have been pushing the second automatic place

along with Preston.

In De Girolamo's case , as you know he was on loan scoring at York City , then came back

and is now out on loan at Northampton .That's not in the interest of benefit to United.

He could be of more benefit playing in United's team helping the cause for the play-offs.

With the aforementioned 4 players the play-offs I'm sure would be guaranteed, and not like

at the present moment scratching to get in. :) Owl.