Blades vs Scunthorpe

canadablade

Also these players that come into that category = Neill Collins , Andy Butler , Jamal Campbell -Rice , and maybe the most promising player on the books Diego De Girolamo .

These 4 are very good players and if Clough had not been so stubborn and made up and

played these 4 I believe the Blades would have been pushing the second automatic place

along with Preston.

If you think that Collins, Butler, JCR and DDG are better than the current players we have in the starting 11 you are sorely mistaken- each of them are no-where near the current standard of player in that position.

Collins > Basham- No brainer here- an extremely clever midfielder who has taken very well to playing at CB against an aging (still good) player who was starting to become mistake prone.

Butler > Brayford/Freeman - again- no comparison.

JCR > Matty Done- JCR did well in spurts but was never consistant, Done gives us so much more, runs for the entire time he is on the pitch and is a nuisance for defenders.

DDG > Any striker- He was never given a proper run in the first team so this is the hardest to compare however he is young so has potential however if he wants to get all prima-donna on clough then we all know he won't stand for it (and why should he). With the system we play (1 up top) he was NEVER going to be our starting striker so its probably best he moves on.

If you think that Collins, Butler, JCR and DDG are better than the current players we have in the starting 11 you are sorely mistaken- each of them are no-where near the current standard of player in that position.

Collins > Basham- No brainer here- an extremely clever midfielder who has taken very well to playing at CB against an aging (still good) player who was starting to become mistake prone.

Butler > Brayford/Freeman - again- no comparison.

JCR > Matty Done- JCR did well in spurts but was never consistant, Done gives us so much more, runs for the entire time he is on the pitch and is a nuisance for defenders.

DDG > Any striker- He was never given a proper run in the first team so this is the hardest to compare however he is young so has potential however if he wants to get all prima-donna on clough then we all know he won't stand for it (and why should he). With the system we play (1 up top) he was NEVER going to be our starting striker so its probably best he moves on.

This is the toughest one for me, because I have liked what I have seen of the lad, he definitley has skill. I agree about the others.

SUFC have signed 8 Academy players to Pro contracts, so that would mean (eventually) even more competition for spaces.

Missing the game tonight as I'm ill and we go and bag 2 in the first half, typical :hihi:

Er, could you be ill a little more often, Robbie?

Only joking...........