Plane, 150 on board crashes in southern France

I heard on the news tonight that the co-pilot's doctor had written him a note saying he was unfit to fly but he tore up the note without informing the airline.

This is where doctor-patient confidentiality worked against avoiding this tragedy. All medical info should be automatically made available to airline security when it involves cockpit crew

If it was the case that the sick note was automatically sent to his employer, what's preventing this killer pilot from not telling his Dr who his employer was, bull****ting that he works for a different company, or knowing medical information like this will be sent to his employer and possibly put an end to any sort of career as a pilot he could just not visit his Dr at all.

If it was the case that the sick note was automatically sent to his employer, what's preventing this killer pilot from not telling his Dr who his employer was, bull****ting that he works for a different company, or knowing medical information like this will be sent to his employer and possibly put an end to any sort of career as a pilot he could just not visit his Dr at all.

It should also be noted that he was living with his girlfriend. You would think that she would have been aware of his mental state and also knowing who he worked for and what he did for a living. If she did then she has the rest of her life to live with it.

I heard on the news tonight that the co-pilot's doctor had written him a note saying he was unfit to fly but he tore up the note without informing the airline.

This is where doctor-patient confidentiality worked against avoiding this tragedy.

Yes I saw in the news today as well that the law firms are queueing up for this.

It should also be noted that he was living with his girlfriend. You would think that she would have been aware of his mental state and also knowing who he worked for and what he did for a living. If she did then she has the rest of her life to live with it.

Only a few days after, and the hindsight brigade are at it already. I wonder how long before she gets death threats on twitface.

:roll:

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 14:56 ----------

I'll join in:

My hindsight brigade comment: It's worth noting also that the security measures that were put in place after 9/11 probably contributed towards this accident because airlines made the cockpit impenetrable, because let's face it, they had to or no one would fly. So that's worked well then in this case.

My hindsight brigade comment: He [allegedly] wanted notoriety, just like all the other people that do things that end up on the news 24/7. Do you think the circular nature of this type thing and social media contributes towards heinous acts? That's worked well then.

Plenty of household names to choose from in recent years who wanted to be famous and that's exactly what the media gave them.

Edited by *_ash_*

Only a few days after, and the hindsight brigade are at it already. I wonder how long before she gets death threats on twitface.

Exactly. Like she knew he was going to go on a death spree...or even contemplated it. Nutters are very good at hiding stuff, even from those very close. Maybe anyone that came into contact with him 48rs before he lost it should be lined up and shot.

Exactly. Like she knew he was going to go on a death spree...or even contemplated it. Nutters are very good at hiding stuff, even from those very close. Maybe anyone that came into contact with him 48rs before he lost it should be lined up and shot.

Oh yes Skinz, and the parents, line them up too for giving birth to him. They also must have known, so should also be put in the firing line.

Oh yes Skinz, and the parents, line them up too for giving birth to him. They also must have known, so should also be put in the firing line.

It's the little world of..'Well he's dead..who can we go for now?' Doesn't matter about guilt or relevance..a patsy will do. Guilty by mere association.

His girlfriend was reported by the news as saying she broke up with him because he was creepy,and he had said to her he wanted to be remembered as doing something that went down in history,She said he also had nightmares and woke up screaming we are going down.

Its also reported she is pregnant by him.

His girlfriend was reported by the news as saying she broke up with him because he was creepy,and he had said to her he wanted to be remembered as doing something that went down in history,She said he also had nightmares and woke up screaming we are going down.

Its also reported she is pregnant by him.

and?

Hold the front page, a PILOT had a nightmare that he was going down! How could this be connected?! :shocked:

I want to go down in history. I want to write a book on why morons are allowed to use social media.

-

My goodness, I've just thought, someone at work last night said 'I'm sick of this place'... the office could be burning down now with all my colleagues in it, and I didn't report this comment to the police!

and?

Hold the front page, a PILOT had a nightmare that he was going down! How could this be connected?! :shocked:

I want to go down in history. I want to write a book on why morons are allowed to use social media.

-

My goodness, I've just thought, someone at work last night said 'I'm sick of this place'... the office could be burning down now with all my colleagues in it, and I didn't report this comment to the police!

Well ash I don't know how you think thank goodness ,but myself I would not like to be on a plane with a pilot who had these nightmares and wanted to go out with a bang.But HEY go ahead,

Has not this happening proved me right.:rolleyes:

Yes I saw in the news today as well that the law firms are queueing up for this.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 14:56 ----------

I'll join in:

My hindsight brigade comment: It's worth noting also that the security measures that were put in place after 9/11 probably contributed towards this accident because airlines made the cockpit impenetrable, because let's face it, they had to or no one would fly. So that's worked well then in this case.

My hindsight brigade comment: He [allegedly] wanted notoriety, just like all the other people that do things that end up on the news 24/7. Do you think the circular nature of this type thing and social media contributes towards heinous acts? That's worked well then.

Plenty of household names to choose from in recent years who wanted to be famous and that's exactly what the media gave them.

Some years ago I was on a group tour by bus. The third day out we stopped for a night in Phoenix. The bus driver spent all evening in the bar boozing it up and was still in the bar when I hit the sack at around eleven thirty. At seven the next morning he appeared very obviously hung over and there was a drive of about 350 miles coming up that day. I told the tour director get us another driver or we'd quit, go home and demand our money back. He found us another driver after a few hours delay. Seven months later that same driver was involved in a bus crash which killed him and seven other passengers. He had been drinking the night before the news reported.

So being forewarned and doing something about it isn't just a load of crap is it?