Plane, 150 on board crashes in southern France

and?

Hold the front page, a PILOT had a nightmare that he was going down! How could this be connected?! :shocked:

I want to go down in history. I want to write a book on why morons are allowed to use social media.

-

My goodness, I've just thought, someone at work last night said 'I'm sick of this place'... the office could be burning down now with all my colleagues in it, and I didn't report this comment to the police!

Well if you want to take the blasé attitude and add a little humour with it then good luck. Most times comments like that above are harmless but on the other hand if some comments had been taken seriously and reported beforehand quite a few school kids might still be alive today.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 15:58 ----------

RIP to the 149 innocents on that plane..The other one his DNA which is all that's left of him should rot in hell.

He may have had his troubles but he was an evil little sod as well, no doubt about it. Why couldn't he have just topped himself at home instead of taking the lives of 150 others along with it?

Well ash I don't know how you think thank goodness ,

I said 'my goodness', not 'thank goodness'.

but myself I would not like to be on a plane with a pilot who had these nightmares and wanted to go out with a bang.But HEY go ahead,

Not worthy of responding really.

Has not this happening proved me right.:rolleyes:

Using hindsight and then claiming that you are proved right doesn't mean anything.

Can you post me a link to the numbers of pilots who have had nightmares about crashing at some point in their careers? Perhaps then you have an argument.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Well if you want to take the blasé attitude and add a little humour with it then good luck.

It's not humour, it's displaying how ridiculous people can be when something happens, and everyone thinks they have all the answers and are experts.

Most times comments like that above are harmless but on the other hand if some comments had been taken seriously and reported beforehand quite a few school kids might still be alive today.

Most times when the experts come out they resort to appeals to emotions, rather than looking at the issues and how to stop them.

Your response that 'All medical info should be automatically made available to airline security when it involves cockpit crew' is one such example.

I can think of 10 flaws to that without even thinking hard. Many of which would probably make aviation more dangerous.

Why couldn't he have just topped himself at home instead of taking the lives of 150 others along with it?

Who knows so soon after? At a guess, probably because he knew that the world would be talking about him. So he's got what he wanted.

Edited by *_ash_*

Apparently he was into gliding,In his troubled mind why could he not have just taken a glider and crashed it into the nearest mountain.

He would have spared his parents and the familys of his murder victims a living grief.

Maybe then he would have had sympathy.

Apparently he was into gliding,In his troubled mind why could he not have just taken a glider and crashed it into the nearest mountain.

He would have spared his parents and the familys of his murder victims a living grief.

Maybe then he would have had sympathy.

Sympathy from who?

The millions of people who would never have heard of him?

Oh Nikita, you will never know . . .

Sympathy from who?

The millions of people who would never have heard of him?

Oh Nikita, you will never know . . .

No his family and friends,

I am sure hundreds of people wished they had never heard of him though.:(

I said 'my goodness', not 'thank goodness'.

Not worthy of responding really.

Using hindsight and then claiming that you are proved right doesn't mean anything.

Can you post me a link to the numbers of pilots who have had nightmares about crashing at some point in their careers? Perhaps then you have an argument.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 17:10 ----------

It's not humour, it's displaying how ridiculous people can be when something happens, and everyone thinks they have all the answers and are experts.

Most times when the experts come out they resort to appeals to emotions, rather than looking at the issues and how to stop them.

Your response that 'All medical info should be automatically made available to airline security when it involves cockpit crew' is one such example.

I can think of 10 flaws to that without even thinking hard. Many of which would probably make aviation more dangerous.

How? Explain some of those reasons

How? Explain some of those reasons

Really? Of anyone, I can't believe you would ask this.

Can you not see that if pilots are aware that every single thing in their medical records is going to be available to the company/aviation industry, that they may be reluctant to report anything to their doctors?

This company is now facing a huge lawsuit as you desire, will have to add this to their risk assessments, as will every other. The first thing to happen is increased costs for everyone. Lawyers are already probably drooling.

Every pilot now with a record of any stress/anxiety/depression/ etc. would already be worrying about their jobs, do you want this on their minds too?

I'd hazard a guess that many if not all pilots have periods of stress and anxiety because it's an extremely stressful and demanding role.

Do you think anyone developing minor or severe problems would ever even mention it to anyone, let alone a doctor or their employers? They will keep it to themselves, possibly endangering themselves and others.

Why stop here though? It's not just pilots that have a hand in the plane. Have you ever watched Air Crash Investigation? If not watch a few and look what causes most accidents.

A good one to watch as it relates to this in some ways was the Egypt with Gamil El-Batouti.

IMO, The factors for this accident relate directly to modern information exchange via media and social media. He probably wouldn't have done it otherwise IF notoriety was what he wanted. Had 9/11 not happened probably the same, as the pilot wouldn't have been able to be locked out. These are if's and but's of course.

However, if someone's intention was to do something like this, then quick-fire responses like yours won't change anything. Everyone has the potential to be dangerous - Thankfully most aren't, and in particular VERY VERY rare in the case of pilots.

There are a lot more factors rather than just jumping on this bandwagon of 'how was someone who had a nightmare about a crash, let's ban all pilots with any history of this list above.'

There are thousands of planes in the sky every day with highly trained and the most intelligent people on the planet. It should stay that way. Nikita's post earlier saying 'I wouldn't want to be on a plane with a pilot...' is nothing short of being a red herring. It implies that I would want to be on a plane with a 'loony pilot', which is nonsense.

Really? Of anyone, I can't believe you would ask this.

Can you not see that if pilots are aware that every single thing in their medical records is going to be available to the company/aviation industry, that they may be reluctant to report anything to their doctors?

This company is now facing a huge lawsuit as you desire, will have to add this to their risk assessments, as will every other. The first thing to happen is increased costs for everyone. Lawyers are already probably drooling.

Every pilot now with a record of any stress/anxiety/depression/ etc. would already be worrying about their jobs, do you want this on their minds too?

I'd hazard a guess that many if not all pilots have periods of stress and anxiety because it's an extremely stressful and demanding role.

Do you think anyone developing minor or severe problems would ever even mention it to anyone, let alone a doctor or their employers? They will keep it to themselves, possibly endangering themselves and others.

Why stop here though? It's not just pilots that have a hand in the plane. Have you ever watched Air Crash Investigation? If not watch a few and look what causes most accidents.

A good one to watch as it relates to this in some ways was the Egypt with Gamil El-Batouti.

IMO, The factors for this accident relate directly to modern information exchange via media and social media. He probably wouldn't have done it otherwise IF notoriety was what he wanted. Had 9/11 not happened probably the same, as the pilot wouldn't have been able to be locked out. These are if's and but's of course.

However, if someone's intention was to do something like this, then quick-fire responses like yours won't change anything. Everyone has the potential to be dangerous - Thankfully most aren't, and in particular VERY VERY rare in the case of pilots.

There are a lot more factors rather than just jumping on this bandwagon of 'how was someone who had a nightmare about a crash, let's ban all pilots with any history of this list above.'

There are thousands of planes in the sky every day with highly trained and the most intelligent people on the planet. It should stay that way. Nikita's post earlier saying 'I wouldn't want to be on a plane with a pilot...' is nothing short of being a red herring. It implies that I would want to be on a plane with a 'loony pilot', which is nonsense.

slow down take a breath.you are ranbling..lol