Plane, 150 on board crashes in southern France

There's supposed to be two crew in the cockpit,if a pilot goes out,somebody else goes in,so if the remaining pilot is incapacitated,the other can open the door or raise the alarm...........looks like another case of putting lives in danger by not following the rules..........this is what can happen when you put your safety in the hands of somebody else and they let you down.I won't fly and haven't done for years,there's too much of this going on for me to trust these companies with my safety.

What if there are only two flight deck crew members?

What if there are only two flight deck crew members?

A lot of planes only have two people on the flight deck, he was suggesting that if the pilot goes out, one of the cabin crew would need to go in and just stand there until the pilot (or co-pilot) comes back.

It would never solve the problem though because what happens if you get a suicidal couple who just so happen to be a pilot and a member of cabin crew on the same flight?

A lot of planes only have two people on the flight deck, he was suggesting that if the pilot goes out, one of the cabin crew would need to go in and just stand there until the pilot (or co-pilot) comes back.

It would never solve the problem though because what happens if you get a suicidal couple who just so happen to be a pilot and a member of cabin crew on the same flight?

ahem..from much earlier on :)

Who's to say that the person going in doesn't have bad intentions..?

Dont really see the relevance of the last bit, the plane was going from Spain to Germany and crashed in a relatively remote part of the Alps which isnt a skiing resort.

Sorry for late reply but only just noticed yours.

I have 2 Australian friends who have property in UK, France and Spain. They regularly fly from Barcelona to Berlin when in Spain to meet up with family. They also ski. When I heard I instinctively thought of them as they do visit the Alps in season. The world isn't so large anymore vegas1. Not seeing the relevance isn't important if it isn't relevant to you. For a fleeting moment to me it was relevant, and I understand it may/could have been to others.

Sorry for late reply but only just noticed yours.

I have 2 Australian friends who have property in UK, France and Spain. They regularly fly from Barcelona to Berlin when in Spain to meet up with family. They also ski. When I heard I instinctively thought of them as they do visit the Alps in season. The world isn't so large anymore vegas1. Not seeing the relevance isn't important if it isn't relevant to you. For a fleeting moment to me it was relevant, and I understand it may/could have been to others.

It was already plain when that person posted that, that the plane had crashed into a remote area of the Alps.

It's looking increasing likely that the co-pilot was to blame. It looks like he denied access to the pilot by locking the door from the inside, and deliberately sent the plane into a dive....Or at least that's what's being reported now.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/26/co-pilot-of-germanwings-flight-refused-to-open-cockpit-door-in-french-alps-crash-5121735/

Edited by PeteMorris
Added link