Running for exercise is dangerous

Have you thought that, maybe, just maybe, the road takes them where they need to go?

Perhaps they've done most of the run on pavement and track, but to connect those sections, there is just segment of road that they have to use?

Though I suspect you aren't capable of lateral or empathetic thinking...

I've found plenty of slow tractors round bends in my time driving, and been prepared to slow and avoid them as necessary (and have done) thanks very much.

Going back to the OP - That doesn't mean it's safe and ok for runners to be in this situation when there's loads of other places for them to run which are safer.

Sometimes getting to those places involves running on a road with no pavements.

there's country roads where it is perfectly safe to run. One of my routes uses Fanshawe Gate Lane, Moorwood Lane, Strawberry Lee Lane. Hardly ever encounter a car on those lanes. Usually see a few walkers who quite happily and safely spread across the lanes when in groups.

There are other country roads where it would be foolish to run, where the traffic flows too fast and is too heavy.

There ain't a clear yes/no answer to this one.