TV adverts and being mugged

I for one have never questioned the necessity of Fluoride,which if you were not aware is a TOXIN.

So again my point is that advertising does have an impact on everyone

What's a toxin then?

You are aware that it's just a made up word in this context by advertisers to sell de-toxifying potions and it has no scientific meaning whatsoever?

As for fluoride - you need it. If you don't get enough your teeth form incorrectly and fall out.

I have a flick around the channels, but they all tend to show adverts at the same time.

That what REALLY gets me whenever I stay with relatives and actually watch TV, although many American channels are increasingly staggering advert breaks or of course going 'on demand'/premium with no ads at all because after all they get more of their income from subscribers.

At home, I have only radio, so usually miss out on all the fun.

Thoughtful, well-made ads can be a positive thing, and don't forget, they provide a lot of jobs for people in the acting and filmmaking profession, in between any work as extras/crew on movies and TV shows, but all too often there are many advertisements which don't tell the customer anything new or create unbelievably sanitised worlds...:hihi:

What's a toxin then?

You are aware that it's just a made up word in this context by advertisers to sell de-toxifying potions and it has no scientific meaning whatsoever?

As for fluoride - you need it. If you don't get enough your teeth form incorrectly and fall out.

Dear Obelix

A toxin (from Ancient Greek: τοξικόν toxikon) is a poisonous substance produced within living cells or organisms; synthetic toxicants created by artificial processes are thus excluded. The term was first used by organic chemist Ludwig Brieger (1849–1919).

Not quite sure where you obtained the info ,so I thought the above just might enlighten you.

I did say that there are diffferent schools of thought on Fluorides and having read quite a bit about Fluorides and the potential effects on people and especially young children.My choice is to stop using toothpaste with any Fluoride.As a footnote ,you will find that Fluorides are found in foods in small quantities and in fact it is stated to be in sufficient quantities to help the individual.

But the thread was started on TV adverts and being mugged.I merely pointed out adverts may be used to misinform in order to promote sales

It beats me why anyone watches live TV which contains adverts. It doesn't take much to record the very few programmes on commercial TV which are worth watching and then skipping the ads on playback.

Maybe it's the same reason why people still use their mobile phones on the car, they can't work out the technology.

It beats me why anyone watches live TV which contains adverts. It doesn't take much to record the very few programmes on commercial TV which are worth watching and then skipping the ads on playback.

Maybe it's the same reason why people still use their mobile phones on the car, they can't work out the technology.

Assuming people have playback of course. I can't vouch for everyone, but I like to have the TV running in the background adverts and all. I ignore them by and large but if I do pay particular attention, I always think what’s behind the message.

Dear Obelix

A toxin (from Ancient Greek: τοξικόν toxikon) is a poisonous substance produced within living cells or organisms; synthetic toxicants created by artificial processes are thus excluded. The term was first used by organic chemist Ludwig Brieger (1849–1919).

Not quite sure where you obtained the info

I picked it up during graduate/postgrad stuidy thanks.

So in other words, fluoride isn't a toxin.

I did say that there are diffferent schools of thought on Fluorides and having read quite a bit about Fluorides and the potential effects on people and especially young children.My choice is to stop using toothpaste with any Fluoride.As a footnote ,you will find that Fluorides are found in foods in small quantities and in fact it is stated to be in sufficient quantities to help the individual.

Your best bet for sufficient fluoride is a decent toothpaste and fluoridated drinking water. If you don't get sufficient fluoride then you will end up with dental and skeletal bone issues and dental caries

But the thread was started on TV adverts and being mugged.I merely pointed out adverts may be used to misinform in order to promote sales

Well the advertising you have been reading has certainly misinformed you.

Yes it works! CLICK

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 04:42 ----------

Example : For a free 60inch 4K TV “FREE TV” CLICK HERE > / Obviously I made that up. But if I did have a link to nothing its money in my bank.! Advertisements do work.

Have you ever clicked on a link just to get the run around? All the time payment in the bank for the designer / coder.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 04:46 ----------

Mobile adverts will account for roughly half of Twitter's advertising revenue this year and will make up more than 60 per cent of the company's ad revenue by 2015, according to research firm eMarketer.

The improved revenue forecast estimates that Twitter will take in $582.8 million in ad revenue this year, roughly $950bn next year, and about $1.33 billion in the 2015.

"The upward revision comes as advertisers have shown more interest in spending money on mobile advertisements on Twitter," eMarketer said, adding that Twitter's reach also seemed to be improving.

The increasing popularity of Twitter's mobile ads - which were introduced in March 2012 - caused eMarketer to raise its 2014 ad revenue estimates for Twitter to $950 million, versus its previous estimate of roughly $800 million.

This year’s estimated ad revenue is roughly double what it was in 2012.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 05:00 ----------

FREE!! direct link to arctic monkeys new album.! Click here. NOT TRUE > but when you click I get paid.! That is how it works. You get the run around and I get payment.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 05:14 ----------

You will get half a penny per 50 Page view or 1p per click on an advert.

Every time someone click a link for the new batman movie etc. its 1p on that link.

Depending on how popular you make that link the more money you make.

The link is only a blank page NO movie!. Yip so what! I got payment. That’s the way it works folks ! Be smart and remember if it is to good to be true it probably is.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 05:32 ----------

Anyone needing the SN for Vegas Pro 13 > Click here. JOKING! See the way it works!