Paxman was incredibly rude..milliband handled it well

I remember reading a quote from Nostradamus once. I know its probably rubbish.. However, he said that the world will end when a weak man rises to lead a great nation.. Milliband?

Goodbye everybody x

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 15:25 ----------

I'm surprised that nobody who is opposed to the Bedroom Tax has never mentioned to Conservative MP's that they can claim for a property that has more bedrooms than they need... Money comes from the same pot...... ie taxpayer.

I agree with you. In fact I think in the last couple of weeks it was revealed that MPs who are retiring are set to make millions in profits from the sale of second homes, bought out the expenses system.

I wonder how those MPs who cheered for and supported the bedroom tax / spare room subsidy square it with their consciences, when they stand to profit from property bought by the state?

I imagine they square it quite easily: they and their families are worth it, and the people who've been hurt by the bedroom tax have paid the price of austerity.

I agree with you. In fact I think in the last couple of weeks it was revealed that MPs who are retiring are set to make millions in profits from the sale of second homes, bought out the expenses system.

I wonder how those MPs who cheered for and supported the bedroom tax / spare room subsidy square it with their consciences, when they stand to profit from property bought by the state?

I imagine they square it quite easily: they and their families are worth it, and the people who've been hurt by the bedroom tax have paid the price of austerity.

The latest legal fiddle is that they are renting the houses out bought by tax payers and are then claiming for rent they pay on another property rather than living in the original property.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3015766/Dozens-MPs-rent-London-homes-claiming-1-3million-expenses-taxpayers-hotel-rooms.html#socialLinks

Edited by MikeFrank

Most of the papers expressed the vies one would expect on this.

Milliband is in a no win position really. Everyone knows he stabbed his own bother in the back, something he can never really recover from. He leads the labour party yet has a title he is a Marquessate.. so we can add hypocracy to his activity list as well.

His bacon sandwich, taking the kids to school and his 2 kitchen fiascos... all PR stunts that backfired horribly. Lets get real Jews do not eat bacon sandwiches, his live in aupair/nanny takes the kids to school and presumably after she has had her own breakfast alone in the staff kitchen.

His party's track record to anyone with ounce of intelligence ought to be the most off putting factor.

Our service people dead and injured in illegal wars and ill thought out 'police actions', no apology given for geting us into those, deliberately selling off our gold reserves cheap with no apology and taking us from an excellent financial position (Brown's own words) to an economic state which requires long term austerity measures to try to just get the deficit under control, never mind their lack of effort to pay off the national debt.

Milliband has not got a prayer of winning if people are thinking when they vote no matter what he does in tv debates.

Don't think I could trust Miliband:

it was the Syria vote that Miliband himself selected as the best example of his suitability to be Prime Minister of this country.

“Let me tell you - right - let me tell you”, he explained in response to Paxman’s accusation he wouldn’t stand up to Vladimir Putin. “In the summer of 2013 this government proposed action in Syria. The bombing of Syria, right? I was called into a room by David Cameron and Nick Clegg, because president Obama had been on the phone - the leader of the free world, right? I listened to what they said, and over those days I made up my mind, and we said no, right? I think standing up to the leader of the free world shows a certain toughness I would say.”

And it was a lie. A total, and utter misrepresentation of what Ed Miliband did, and did not do, over the Syria vote. He knows it’s a lie, the shadow cabinet know it’s a lie, Labour MPs know it’s a lie.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11499438/Ed-Miliband-is-peddling-a-lie-about-his-volte-face-on-Syria.html

Most of the papers expressed the vies one would expect on this.

Milliband is in a no win position really. Everyone knows he stabbed his own bother in the back, something he can never really recover from. He leads the labour party yet has a title he is a Marquessate.. so we can add hypocracy to his activity list as well.

His bacon sandwich, taking the kids to school and his 2 kitchen fiascos... all PR stunts that backfired horribly. Lets get real Jews do not eat bacon sandwiches, his live in aupair/nanny takes the kids to school and presumably after she has had her own breakfast alone in the staff kitchen.

His party's track record to anyone with ounce of intelligence ought to be the most off putting factor.

Our service people dead and injured in illegal wars and ill thought out 'police actions', no apology given for geting us into those, deliberately selling off our gold reserves cheap with no apology and taking us from an excellent financial position (Brown's own words) to an economic state which requires long term austerity measures to try to just get the deficit under control, never mind their lack of effort to pay off the national debt.

Milliband has not got a prayer of winning if people are thinking when they vote no matter what he does in tv debates.

It's comments like these that make me want to vote for Miliband. I never knew that he Marquess, though I do know that Cameron and Clegg have also had PR disasters. And many Jews do eat pork.

Edited by Mister M

Yeah, not like the Daily Torygraph to try and discredit labour is it? Strange how they seem to have forgot that Cameron and Hague wanted to supply arms and train rebels in Syria in their battle against Assad, rebels who contains elements of al qaeda and IS. Got their earole bent from the British public on that one didn't they? Hague got shuffled and Cameron said he wanted to kill those same rebels when they crossed into Iraq. Very strange that.

Anyway, back on topic. Looks like the tories have been rumbled again http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/tv-debates-kay-burley-bias-against-ed-miliband-prompts-130-complaints-to-ofcom-10138774.html

Yeah, not like the Daily Torygraph to try and discredit labour is it? Strange how they seem to have forgot that Cameron and Hague wanted to supply arms and train rebels in Syria in their battle against Assad, rebels who contains elements of al qaeda and IS. Got their earole bent from the British public on that one didn't they? Hague got shuffled and Cameron said he wanted to kill those same rebels when they crossed into Iraq. Very strange that.

Anyway, back on topic. Looks like the tories have been rumbled again http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/tv-debates-kay-burley-bias-against-ed-miliband-prompts-130-complaints-to-ofcom-10138774.html

Paxman has openly stated that he's a Tory, though I thought his treatment of both Cameron and Miliband was pretty even handed, i.e. he treated them both with contempt!

Though Burley's political biases really shone through, and from the copy I've read, it has backfired. If they wanted another Tory to do the interviewing, they should have opted for Andrew Neil, or Nick Robinson - though unfortunately Nick is in treatment at the mo.

I've only just got round to watching the debate on here. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/cameron-miliband-live-the-battle-for

They were both given a tough time but Ed Miiband more so. Paxman shouldn't have referred to his brother after a studio member had done so, and then at the end of the questioning say "are you okay Ed" as if deliberately wanting to draw attention to having succeeded in upsetting him with the intention of making him appear weak.

He had explained about the situation of standing against his brother earlier, "it was bruising and is still healing" he stated.

As a Labour supporter I did have a problem in believing the wrong brother had been elected as leader, but following this interview and hearing that admission, he's gone up in my estimation. He came across much better then I expected.