Paxman was incredibly rude..milliband handled it well

Why did Burley ask Cameron if he'd ever had three Shredded Wheat after he had finished not answering the audience questions?

I thought both he and Ed did answer the questions, both were asked daft question and both were grilled equally, I couldn't actually figure out the point of program.

Yeah, not like the Daily Torygraph to try and discredit labour is it? Strange how they seem to have forgot that Cameron and Hague wanted to supply arms and train rebels in Syria in their battle against Assad, rebels who contains elements of al qaeda and IS. Got their earole bent from the British public on that one didn't they? Hague got shuffled and Cameron said he wanted to kill those same rebels when they crossed into Iraq. Very strange that.

Anyway, back on topic. Looks like the tories have been rumbled again http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/tv-debates-kay-burley-bias-against-ed-miliband-prompts-130-complaints-to-ofcom-10138774.html

=

Generally speaking I tend to ignore a lot of what the Telegraph = Tory or Guardian = Labour say, but this article was written by Dan Hodges who I think may have an insight into what actually happened seeing as he was I think a member of the Labour party for 27 years and is the son of Glenda Jackson and also wrote for both papers. Oh by the way I'm no Tory, I much prefer Alan Johnson to Ed Miliband.

Why did Burley ask Cameron if he'd ever had three Shredded Wheat after he had finished not answering the audience questions?

Because she's a crap interviewer, she clearly favours Cameron, she has delusions of grandeur - and harbours ambitions that like Andy Coulson, Jeremy Clarkson and Rebekah Brooks, she too will join the 'Chipping Norton' set and be neighbours & best buddies with Cameron. She fits very well into that unholy trinity - a jailbird, an attention seeking loudmouth, and a bent journalist who in Rupert Murdoch's own words, "social climbed through his family".

Actually thinking about it, Burley could be the Rottweiler that guards their homes :hihi:

Edited by Mister M

So, Cameron dictated the rules of the game, and was overshadowed by the better man. Paxman gave Cameron a much easier time - I think because he thought there was a chance Cameron would storm off and throw his dummy out if Paxman poked around too much.

One thing that came out of this, is that Milliband came over as a much more honest, transparent leader.

Paxman should have questioned Cameron over the Westminster paedophile scandal.

What precisely would you have liked him to say about an ongoing Police investigation the main allegations of which happened thirty years ago?

What precisely would you have liked him to say about an ongoing Police investigation the main allegations of which happened thirty years ago?

According to the press, he refused to answer freedom of information requests repeatedly, along with Clegg, about information he had regarding the Westminster paedophile scandal and only acknowledged them when they were threatened with the high court. See link in my post above, answering Alan Ladd's post.

Also, did you see how the tories voted in response to John Mann MPs bid to get this all out in to the open, and exposing establishment paedophiles?

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5530/how-mps-voted-on-move-to-change-official-secrets-act-over-csa

Apart from a handful of tory rebels, looks like this vote goes straight down party lines, doesn't it?

He is accused of covering up dossiers along with Clegg and he refused to respond to repeated freedom of information requests, until he was threatened with the high court, according to the Mail On Sunday.

But you already know that, Alan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2984529/Cabinet-office-child-abuse-cover-MoS-beats-attempt-No10-gag-VIP-file-shows-Thatcher-knew-paedophile-MP-Cyril-Smith.html#comments

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 18:32 ----------

As soon as Milliband said that he was going to raise tax for those earning over £150,000.00 a year and those living in mansions, it was obviously going to upset Paxman and everyone else in the media. They only care about themselves and their own. Paxman doesn't give a stuff about the rise in food banks any more than Cameron does.

Did you see the Dispatches programme last night at the Tory Charity auction with David Cameron, where the compere was taking the pee out of people on benefits? What a loathesome bunch.

Cameron didn't answer anything he didn't want to, and Paxman gave him an easy ride. Paxman got nasty and personal with Ed, and his insincere, 'are you alright?' or whatever he said to Milliband at the end, just proved what a horrible man he is. He's really gone down in my estimation after last night. He reminded me of that bully boy Clarkson.

Milliband came out of it as an honest, genuine, humane, gentle person.

Cameron came out of it as slippery, evasive, indifferent to those less well off, and not to be trusted.

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 18:34 ----------

Who is Del?

That's on the money.

It really is hypocritical to complain about a tory taking the micky out of people on benefits when they are reviled and belittled daily because of the school they went to the clubs they belonged to etc.

Its like a reverse snobbery, negative, envious and nasty. A prolongation of the class war so beloved by the labour party and its voters. A party by the way led by an upper class Hampstead twit with two kitchens, who fiddles his taxes and whose number 2 is war criminal.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 10:57 ----------

According to the press, he refused to answer freedom of information requests repeatedly, along with Clegg, about information he had regarding the Westminster paedophile scandal and only acknowledged them when they were threatened with the high court. See link in my post above, answering Alan Ladd's post.

Also, did you see how the tories voted in response to John Mann MPs bid to get this all out in to the open, and exposing establishment paedophiles?

http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5530/how-mps-voted-on-move-to-change-official-secrets-act-over-csa

Apart from a handful of tory rebels, looks like this vote goes straight down party lines, doesn't it?

Geoffrey Dickens (Tory) was the MP who first tried to expose this, Teresa May (Tory) has done more than anyone to set up a relevant enquiry into the matter. It is such a shame that something so profound, so important as child abuse is being used by you and others like you to attack one political party.

It was Wilson (Labour) who covered Jeremy Thorpe (Liberal) until the pressure became too strong and Thorpe was arrested for offences connected with sexual deviancy.

It may well be that their is a pedophile conspiracy at the heart of the establishment. It will cross party boundaries if their is.

It really is hypocritical to complain about a tory taking the micky out of people on benefits when they are reviled and belittled daily because of the school they went to the clubs they belonged to etc.

Its like a reverse snobbery, negative, envious and nasty. A prolongation of the class war so beloved by the labour party and its voters. A party by the way led by an upper class Hampstead twit with two kitchens, who fiddles his taxes and whose number 2 is war criminal.

So, tell me, how do you feel about the accusation in the press that Cameron and Clegg refused to answer repeated requests under the freedom of information act relating to Westminster paedophiles?

So, tell me, how do you feel about the accusation in the press that Cameron and Clegg refused to answer repeated requests under the freedom of information act relating to Westminster paedophiles?

I feel that it is a long established principle of British public life that a senior politician says nothing that is likely to influence the outcome of a pending public enquiry one way or the other.