Paxman was incredibly rude..milliband handled it well

Thought miliband shaded both the audience debate and paxo interview.

Cameron could not answer the welfare and foodbank questions. He looked uncomfortable under scrutiny.

Yes he could, he just didn't want to because it knows it will cost him votes

Normally my Farcebook & Twitter is full of political stuff when there is a big political debate on TV. Not last night. Congratulations to our politicians and media for managing to make a complete mess of handling the election debates.

I'm sure that the partisans from both sides will try and claim that their man won.

It was quite close, but milliband is always going to come out better in these types of debates, with public as expectations are low.

I liked the way Milliband talks about reform. Blair was just nedia savvy while this PM in the making actually has substance

I agree completely, but having substance, sadly, isn't enough in this celebrity/audiovisual/media-obsessed age. You have to have charisma, gravitas and utter self-belief as well.

All the personal stuff about his brother etc. What a joker. Milliband handled it quite well, cameron looked uncomfortable.

---------- Post added 26-03-2015 at 22:32 ----------

Regarding the 'debates' tonight..

I havent watched it yet but we expect nothing less from Paxman. You cant pussyfoot around politicians they lie to their teeth if you do and dont promise anything.

As for mentioning his brother I hoped he would. It was disgusting what Ed did to David. David would have been the better leader but unfortunately the communists in Unite disagreed and supported Ed.

Yes he could, he just didn't want to because it knows it will cost him votes

The stats dont lie. Its not like he can argue with 1 million at foodbanks and 800k zero hours workers...bizarrely he kept going on about students..it was lame

I havent watched it yet but we expect nothing less from Paxman. You cant pussyfoot around politicians they lie to their teeth if you do and dont promise anything.

As for mentioning his brother I hoped he would. It was disgusting what Ed did to David. David would have been the better leader but unfortunately the communists in Unite disagreed and supported Ed.

It was relentless from paxo. Bit late to be having regrets now, he won a democratic vote, ed has been leader for 5 years.

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 08:54 ----------

I agree completely, but having substance, sadly, isn't enough in this celebrity/audiovisual/media-obsessed age. You have to have charisma, gravitas and utter self-belief as well.

Ok, but there are plenty of other politicians who can do the job. Cameron isnt special. Its policies that are important and it depends whether you favour labour or tory.

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 08:55 ----------

It's great reading this thread to see the different evaluations of how the leaders performed.

Are you sure that you were all watching the same program?

The media consensus favours milliband. Cameron has more to lose so thats natural

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 08:58 ----------

What annoyed me was on several occassions cameron would not answer the direct question. Ed had to be prodded once or twice too. Honesty is lacking, i think the public get shortchanged.

The BBC reported that the audience were laughing with Miliband at some of Paxo's questions. I thought it came across they were laughing at him.

Paxo got Miliband incredibly flustered, that's not what you want from a future PM.

I think Cameron was favoured over Miliband though by the presenters.