Paxman was incredibly rude..milliband handled it well

Do you need a list?

Mansion tax

Income tax and Nat Insurance rise to pay for their spending spree

Removing the 'bedroom tax' (which is not actually a tax)

Anti-Grammar Schools

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 23:33 ----------

See above.

---------- Post added 27-03-2015 at 23:36 ----------

Labour thought they would win votes by attacking the man in charge of Boots.

He is a very rich man who invests a vast amount of money in this country, creating many many jobs.

There are some very rich people in this world. But without them there would be less jobs. Annoy them and they will take their money elsewhere.

How is removing the bedroom tax / single rate subsidy, and the Mansion Tax an attack on hard working people? What about people who have inherited their mansion from a wealthy relative? Are people who attend grammar schools any more hardworking than their comprehensive school peers? I don't see Ed Milliband castigating working people like the Tories do people on benefits. In fact, Labour are going out of their way to be emollient to 'hard working families', and to be mean to benefit claimants.

And we can't annoy rich people for fear that they will take their money elsewhere? Pity we didn't annoy a few bankers and spiv before the 2008 crash, they could've ****** off and wreaked havoc elsewhere :hihi:

Miliband seems like much more of a decent straightforward guy as compared to most other politicians, especially Cameron. He's less of a warmonger as well. I think it will be a nice change for Britain if he gets in.

Lord Prescott says Tony Blair's 'bloody crusades' radicalised Muslims

Tony Blair’s “bloody crusades” in Iraq and Afghanistan have led to the radicalisation of a generation of young British Muslims, John Prescott has suggested.

For them to become radicalized their allegiance must have already been with Iraq and Afghanistan and not Britain, after all how many British non Muslims have become radicalized as consequence of those wars?

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 14:05 ----------

How is removing the bedroom tax / single rate subsidy, and the Mansion Tax an attack on hard working people? What about people who have inherited their mansion from a wealthy relative? Are people who attend grammar schools any more hardworking than their comprehensive school peers? I don't see Ed Milliband castigating working people like the Tories do people on benefits. In fact, Labour are going out of their way to be emollient to 'hard working families', and to be mean to benefit claimants.

And we can't annoy rich people for fear that they will take their money elsewhere? Pity we didn't annoy a few bankers and spiv before the 2008 crash, they could've ****** off and wreaked havoc elsewhere :hihi:

They could have been kicked out before they created the growth and wealth, then there wouldn't have been a crash.

How is removing the bedroom tax / single rate subsidy, and the Mansion Tax an attack on hard working people?

There are many hard working families with basic salaries, who work long hours to support their brood. They may want to move from a 2 bed to a 3 bed, but cannot because of a shortage of properties. Some 3 bed properties are being occupied by single occupants who may also be hard working, but don't need 3 bedrooms.

On the other end of the spectrum rich families who have worked hard all their lives to be able to afford a £2 million+ mansion, will find their success hit by the Mansion Tax.

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 14:30 ----------

Are people who attend grammar schools any more hardworking than their comprehensive school peers?

Hard working families and children, who struggle each day with the negative attitudes and behaviour of many pupils in schools, would benefit from a grammar school education.

Labour oppose selective education. A news report on the radio yesterday was from a school in Sheffield who were being celebrated for the great work they do. They employ a person just to ensure pupils actually turn up and get into school.

I despair that any Labour leader will ever be able to put himself across with the smug, dyed-in-the-wool, 'I was born to rule' self-confidence/arrogance that comes from an Eton education, rich connections, Bullingdon Club membership

Of course, Milliband's Oxford and LSE education makes him a tough gritty working class lad with dirt under his fingernails. His father was a professor of politics and his mother a human rights campaigner. Anyone who thinks he's 'one of us' is an idiot; the man has never done a day of labour in his life.

Of course, Milliband's Oxford and LSE education makes him a tough gritty working class lad with dirt under his fingernails. His father was a professor of politics and his mother a human rights campaigner. Anyone who thinks he's 'one of us' is an idiot; the man has never done a day of labour in his life.

Milliband fights queensbury rules old boy

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 14:56 ----------

There are many hard working families with basic salaries, who work long hours to support their brood. They may want to move from a 2 bed to a 3 bed, but cannot because of a shortage of properties. Some 3 bed properties are being occupied by single occupants who may also be hard working, but don't need 3 bedrooms.

On the other end of the spectrum rich families who have worked hard all their lives to be able to afford a £2 million+ mansion, will find their success hit by the Mansion Tax.

Hard working families and children, who struggle each day with the negative attitudes and behaviour of many pupils in schools, would benefit from a grammar school education.

Labour oppose selective education. A news report on the radio yesterday was from a school in Sheffield who were being celebrated for the great work they do. They employ a person just to ensure pupils actually turn up and get into school.

Can we assume those with 2million+ properties work harder than most?

Like wise all people bedroom taxed cant afford it.

Like wise all people bedroom taxed cant afford it.

They then should move out and find somewhere cheaper.

If I could not afford a 3 bed private rented flat and did not need all the rooms, then common sense would see me move.

And yes some people argue that people cannot move, no 1 bed flats etc. But when you take a council house, you should realise it is not your house and that one day you may need to move.

Does that mean there are no negative attitudes in grammar schools? I think a lot of people would disagree with you on that. And lots of schools up and down the country employ people who are responsible for ensuring pupils attend schools education welfare officers etc. They've been around for years.

I wished Labour were more committed to opposing selective education based on ability to pay.

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 15:10 ----------

Lord Prescott says Tony Blair's 'bloody crusades' radicalised Muslims

Tony Blair’s “bloody crusades” in Iraq and Afghanistan have led to the radicalisation of a generation of young British Muslims, John Prescott has suggested.

For them to become radicalized their allegiance must have already been with Iraq and Afghanistan and not Britain, after all how many British non Muslims have become radicalized as consequence of those wars?

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 14:05 ----------

They could have been kicked out before they created the growth and wealth, then there wouldn't have been a crash.

Quite. Referring to another thread I'd prefer more integrity in public life.

I remember reading a quote from Nostradamus once. I know its probably rubbish.. However, he said that the world will end when a weak man rises to lead a great nation.. Milliband?

Goodbye everybody x

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 15:25 ----------

How is removing the bedroom tax

I'm surprised that nobody who is opposed to the Bedroom Tax has never mentioned to Conservative MP's that they can claim for a property that has more bedrooms than they need... Money comes from the same pot...... ie taxpayer.

Miliband seems like much more of a decent straightforward guy as compared to most other politicians, especially Cameron.He's less of a warmonger as well. I think it will be a nice change for Britain if he gets in.
Don't count on that. If he was the PM put into a position of having to deal with a serious crisis that required taking some urgent decisive action, we may well see a different side to him.

Its easy to say what you would (or wouldn't) do unless you are faced with that responsibility.