Syria Girl’s Dad On Al Muhajiroun March

But won't children carry on doing and saying what their parents do and think through learned behaviour ? How do we change that ?

It is a difficult question as a great deal of learned behaviour brings a hugely positive impact to our society.

For instance, growing up I was told by my parents (particularly my mother) that judging people based on superficial and arbitrary things such as skin colour is wrong. This indoctrination from my mother has had, I believe, a positive influence on both the way I conduct myself and the thoughts and feelings I have.

Other learned behaviour inhibits my natural mammalian desires that have no real place in our society (ie I can't just punch someone who steals a chip from me, despite my mammalian desire to protect my food. I can't just have sex with any woman I want, despite what she wants etc).

Very complex issue that probably has no ultimate right answer (like nearly everything else).

Then what if your teachings upbringing call it what you want, goes against the, legal and morel acceptance of the law of the land in which you live?

That is where it becomes even more complex.

With regards to morality, I do not believe that we should be stiffling moral objections to our society. We should always be open to reviewing and improving the way in which we live our lives and structure our society. People were outraged when Emmeline Pankhurst starting spouting rubbish about female suffrage. This outrage actually led to an improve in British scoiety.

The same can actually be said for legal questions. If, for instance, it was illegal to walk past a black person without spitting on them, I would tell any child I knew to disobey this law. This is obviously an extreme example, but to use one from history, I would have absolutely encouraged my children to disobey Nazi laws regarding the persecution of Jews in the 30's and 40's.

So, should we be against people challenging our views, I say no.

With respect charmer, you have used the get of jail clause, which could apply to every single or multiple action any body ever did. if i shot a murderer who i noticed walking down the street, if my defence was, well it my be legal in another fifty years time, do you think they would let me off with it? its what is now what counts.

With respect charmer, you have used the get of jail clause, which could apply to every single or multiple action any body ever did. if i shot a murderer who i noticed walking down the street, if my defence was, well it my be legal in another fifty years time, do you think they would let me off with it?

No, but I did point out that it was very complex and I did admit to using extreme examples.

We can't legislate against people who have different views to the state, even when it comes to laws. This would be an extremely dangerous precedent and would absolutely be abused by future governments.

There are grey areas. Should a parent be in trouble for teaching their child that it is ok to murder? Possibly. Should they be in trouble if the kid actually goes out and commits a murder? Yes.

So they wouldn't let you off with the murder, but that wasn't what we were talking about. Would they let you off if you told your child it was ok to murder people? Yes they would. We weren't discussing the actions themselves (ie the actual breaking of the law), but whether it was ok to bring children up telling them that it was ok to break the law.

A very good point...

A very good point if the topic was about the girls, but that discussion has been done and the thread closed.

This thread is about the hypocrisy, perfectly displayed by the father and his lawyer, of the family and community from which these girls were raised.

The basic fact is that if you preach hatred for certain demographics and the country you live in, you invite people to speak of those same hatreds in your mosques, madrasses and universities, then don't be surprised if your children actually turn out to believe those things and act upon them.

Trying to blame the authorities for this, or the actions of "The West" as Bounce repeatedly does, is simply acting out some delusional grievance narrative.

It is a difficult question as a great deal of learned behaviour brings a hugely positive impact to our society.

For instance, growing up I was told by my parents (particularly my mother) that judging people based on superficial and arbitrary things such as skin colour is wrong. This indoctrination from my mother has had, I believe, a positive influence on both the way I conduct myself and the thoughts and feelings I have.

Other learned behaviour inhibits my natural mammalian desires that have no real place in our society (ie I can't just punch someone who steals a chip from me, despite my mammalian desire to protect my food. I can't just have sex with any woman I want, despite what she wants etc).

Very complex issue that probably has no ultimate right answer (like nearly everything else).

Why do you class this as indoctrination?