New Tory Welfare Cuts revealed..

Nobody is sure they will, but one thing is certain, any cuts to welfare under Labour will be nowhere near as bad as what we see now and won't be used to subsidise tax cuts for the rich. Stop trying to flip the argument
I've always voted Labour or Green. However the endless blind criticism of the Conservatives needs flipping. Especially when the current Labour alternative is every bit as bad.

Anyhow, turns out that Labour will be making just as many cuts as the Tories, and just like the Tories their cuts are under wraps too! But its alright, we can trust them. Blindly. Why just look at how well they've run South Yorkshire :(

A council colleague of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer on Friday, it has spread to the lymph nodes; she is back at work on Monday morning.

I do have sympathy with people in similar circumstances that are getting squeezed by benefit cuts.

A council colleague of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer on Friday, it has spread to the lymph nodes; she is back at work on Monday morning.

I do have sympathy with people in similar circumstances that are getting squeezed by benefit cuts.

Are you on benefits?

Not relevant!

Don't we have a right to know exactly what we are voting for?

I, for one, would not knowingly vote for cuts to the disabled and their carers. It is already a difficult, life limiting and thankless task caring for someone. Doing it for a pittance saves the NHS a fortune. To be further impoverished for your efforts is disgraceful.

So truer Anna B! My daughter was in caring for around 20 years and was STILL on minimum wage! That includes weekends, bank holidays, early mornings, late nights etc. Needless to say, she has left the "profession"!

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 09:57 ----------

Nobody is sure they will, but one thing is certain, any cuts to welfare under Labour will be nowhere near as bad as what we see now and won't be used to subsidise tax cuts for the rich. Stop trying to flip the argument

There were just as many tax dodgers during the last labour government Mecky! Did they sort it out? This government hasn't either!

There were just as many tax dodgers during the last labour government Mecky! Did they sort it out? This government hasn't either!

Nobody is saying there wasn't but the rich have had a 5% tax cut under the tories at the same time ordinary families are struggling and it's still not enough for the rich. They are squirelling away even more these days and don't forget Cameron rubber stamped massive bonuses for bankers and big business leaders since seizing power

Nobody is saying there wasn't but the rich have had a 5% tax cut under the tories at the same time ordinary families are struggling and it's still not enough for the rich. They are squirelling away even more these days and don't forget Cameron rubber stamped massive bonuses for bankers and big business leaders since seizing power

Agree with the first part Mecky, but Cameron didn't "rubber stamp" the bonuses - the EU told him he couldn't cap them.

:)

The wealth producers and entrepreneurs pay 5% MORE tax than they did for all but the last few nanoseconds of the last labour government. To claim otherwise, whilst technically true is disingenuous.

This guy (and the figures) say that the rich are being taxed more than at any time under Labour

" that means the top rate of tax will be higher in each and every year of this coalition government than under any full year of the last Labour government.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9974823/We-are-soaking-the-rich-more-than-Labour-Danny-Alexander-boasts.html

What did G.Brown do for the low paid..oh yeah, he took the 10p tax band away...good old Labour..standing up for the workers..