How to solve when staff hiding critical info from boss?

Of course they are fiction :loopy:

Your toaster cannot become sentient because it is likely programmed with a limited set of embedded instructions and has extremely limited processing power. If you wanted a toaster not to burn your toast it would be a simple matter of adding sensors and programming them to trigger certain actions when specific conditions are met. That isn't intelligence.

Machines will become sentient when our programming design allows it to happen. It isn't that far away, decades maybe.

Your point is?

---------- Post added 28-03-2015 at 19:04 ----------

Who says machines cant be sentient?

My toaster has started hanging out with the kettle, cant even be arsed to toast bread anymore...

I think thats less a case of your appliances becoming sentient and more to do with you being either drunk or cocked off your tits. I would stay off the heavy liqueur and class A's.

Your point is?

My point is that your 20 year old toaster has zero chance of becoming sentient. There's every chance a toaster that old doesn't even contain any electronic components. It's like saying a wind-up clock could become intelligent.

What is to stop doctors simply emailing your place of work to tell them you aren't for for work, they don't have to mention why, just your are ill and will be off for a day a week or unspecified.

To relate this back to the OP, having depression doesn't mean you can't work. Not even close.

To relate this back to the OP, having depression doesn't mean you can't work. Not even close.

I know that but without someone telling the boss exactly what the issue is there isn't any solution as it would break patients confidentiality, however it could possibly have stopped the plane crash as he was deemed unfit to work and wouldn't have told his bosses the confidential medical details.....just that he wasn't well enough to work that day or week or month.