Accident outside Primark 28/03/15

It is part of the test. Taking care is one of the most important aspects of the driving test. If you dont take care you fail.

Obviously you need to take care on your driving test. I meant that it involves more than just giving them some room. For example, giving cyclists time at junctions rather than cutting them up. Allowing them more room to compensate for our shocking road conditions as so many of the holes and bumps etc are near the pavements where cyclists tend to ride.

I was responding to a post suggesting that cyclists should not be allowed on roads when it is usually the car driver who is at fault when there is a collision. Even if they are not a fault, the cyclist will always come of worse.

I really hope the person who was injured is ok ?

at small stretch of road .i was working next to it one day last week must of being at least 20 near misses mainly busses going very quick around the twisty road. Surely this should be 10 mph.. Lots of old people kids disabled crossing there

Obviously you need to take care on your driving test. I meant that it involves more than just giving them some room. For example, giving cyclists time at junctions rather than cutting them up. Allowing them more room to compensate for our shocking road conditions as so many of the holes and bumps etc are near the pavements where cyclists tend to ride.

I was responding to a post suggesting that cyclists should not be allowed on roads when it is usually the car driver who is at fault when there is a collision. Even if they are not a fault, the cyclist will always come of worse.

I really hope the person who was injured is ok

I agree i hope the guys ok but i do take issue with you on one fact. You say car/bus drivers need extra training but yet you dont mention that they already have to take a test, Obviously this is something we all know anyway but Cyclists dont take any test. Perhaps the fault or rather part of the fault could and often does lie with them?

Cyclists should all have a riding test before they are allowed on the roads.

Spending some serious time cycling on the roads should be a requirement for any (able bodied) driver to get their license. Then they all drivers would appreciate exactly how vulnerable cyclists are and how different a manouver that seems innocuous inside a car, can be to a cyclist outside the car.

I agree i hope the guys ok but i do take issue with you on one fact. You say car/bus drivers need extra training but yet you dont mention that they already have to take a test, Obviously this is something we all know anyway but Cyclists dont take any test. Perhaps the fault or rather part of the fault could and often does lie with them?

I wouldn't say they are 'often' at fault no! The driving test may advise you to give cyclists room but that's where it ends. What about giving them time at junctions? What about the classic left turn in front of cyclists? What about checking before opening a car door? Pedestrians don't have a test either but I'm sure you wouldn't say they were often at fault when they get hit?

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 19:51 ----------

What saddens me is that a cyclist may have been seriously injured and we are still getting the 'blame the cyclist' posts. ?

at small stretch of road .i was working next to it one day last week must of being at least 20 near misses mainly busses going very quick around the twisty road. Surely this should be 10 mph.. Lots of old people kids disabled crossing there

Nothing to do with people crossing when they shouldn't then? Cross with the Green man only end of. The amount of people crossing at this section of road without looking, without crossing at the crossing, without any common sense is beyond a joke.

Hope the person involved makes a speedy recovery.

Nothing to do with people crossing when they shouldn't then? Cross with the Green man only end of. The amount of people crossing at this section of road without looking, without crossing at the crossing, without any common sense is beyond a joke.

There was a post about this a while ago where an oap died because she was run over by a bus. The bus driver got punished for it but the OAP wasnt crossing at the crossing. People need to use the crossing their its there for a reason.

I wouldn't say they are 'often' at fault no! The driving test may advise you to give cyclists room but that's where it ends. What about giving them time at junctions? What about the classic left turn in front of cyclists? What about checking before opening a car door? Pedestrians don't have a test either but I'm sure you wouldn't say they were often at fault when they get hit?

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 19:51 ----------

What saddens me is that a cyclist may have been seriously injured and we are still getting the 'blame the cyclist' posts. ?

No ones blaming cyclists youre just assuming stuff and seeing only what you want to.

Or perhaps, car/bus drivers should be made to have cycle awareness training so as to take more care? It should be part of the driving test at the very least.

Maybe its time cyclists were made to take a test before being allowed on the roads. cyclists are totally unregulated and untrained at present ,yet are allowed to use the roads alongside trained ,tested and licensed motorists . This is wrong on every level.