Accident outside Primark 28/03/15

show me where someone has been dealt with in Sheffield for such an act of dangerous driving.

I would be able to, but the police refused to investigate an incident where a driver deliberately made contact with me on a bike. They told me it would be my word against his so wouldn't proceed.

I must be honest though and a section like that in front of primark and cyclist would not go together in a place like Amsterdam. It would be considered dangerous, they would either need each their own lane or a different route.

It's quite narrow

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.383164,-1.465647,3a,75y,146.54h,72.68t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIdLqKoCl5X4uMf9GR_Lbxw!2e0

Perhaps the pavement should be made shared use for cyclists... Or a 10 mph limit enforced on buses.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 12:46 ----------

I haven't had the experience of someone trying to run me off the road whilst on the bike, but I have had several cars nearly hit me due to incompetence, dangerous driving or stupidity. And quite a few people have been less fortunate.

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=cyclist+killed+sheffield

Far too many stories from that search :-(

I did have someone beep me just last Friday for cycling through the tram stop at Primrose View on Langsett Rd between the tram tracks, here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Langsett+Rd,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S6+2UF/@53.395519,-1.489257,3a,75y,353.8h,79.71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1spUXbA2diZ1EmC-wx3JsNwg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x48797893cf8934bb:0x7d346e22f27b40ae

I stopped to ask them what the problem was, but they didn't seem to want to explain.

I would be able to, but the police refused to investigate an incident where a driver deliberately made contact with me on a bike. They told me it would be my word against his so wouldn't proceed.

You didnt get on video then? Thats a shame. Since the kids got me all hooked up as it were i often regretted not having a car camera due to the mental driving and riding done by some one the roads. I even started a thread on here about such an incident but the subject has been removed for some reason. Get one they are dead cheap and next time anyone does anything like that its not your word against theirs anymore.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 13:06 ----------

I did have someone beep me just last Friday for cycling through the tram stop at Primrose View on Langsett Rd between the tram tracks, here

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Langsett+Rd,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S6+2UF/@53.395519,-1.489257,3a,75y,353.8h,79.71t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1spUXbA2diZ1EmC-wx3JsNwg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x48797893cf8934bb:0x7d346e22f27b40ae

I stopped to ask them what the problem was, but they didn't seem to want to explain.

Through the tram stop as in on the road or the bit where passengers get on and off the tram on the path?

Firstly, I hope the cyclist is OK.

As a child and teenager I regularly rode a bicycle, as an adult I have years of experience as a motorcyclist and a car driver - I have seen good and bad examples relating to all these forms of transport.

However as a child I took my 'cycling proficiency' test and my parents would not allow me to ride on the road unsupervised until I had passed it.

It seems ridiculous in this day and age, when there is far more traffic on the roads, that whilst it is mandatory for those in cars or on motorcycles to pass a test of proficiency before being allowed unsupervised on public highways, someone who wishes to ride a bicycle can just go into a shop buy a cycle and ride home without any regulation to test their proficiency.

In the case of motorcyclists they have to wear protective helmets and yet it is not mandatory for cyclists. Then we get to insurance and vehicle excise duty - again mandatory for car drivers and motorcyclists, but not for cyclists.

Surely if cyclists wish to be counted as equals on the road they should have to conform As for the statement that this would discourage cyclists, other road users have to include these costs in their calculations when taking to the road, why should cyclists be exempt from the same regulations that are incumbent on other road users?

You didnt get on video then? Thats a shame. Since the kids got me all hooked up as it were i often regretted not having a car camera due to the mental driving and riding done by some one the roads. I even started a thread on here about such an incident but the subject has been removed for some reason. Get one they are dead cheap and next time anyone does anything like that its not your word against theirs anymore.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 13:06 ----------

Through the tram stop as in on the road or the bit where passengers get on and off the tram on the path?

Between the tram tracks, as in, between the two tracks, in the centre, down the middle.

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 13:38 ----------

Firstly, I hope the cyclist is OK.

As a child and teenager I regularly rode a bicycle, as an adult I have years of experience as a motorcyclist and a car driver - I have seen good and bad examples relating to all these forms of transport.

However as a child I took my 'cycling proficiency' test and my parents would not allow me to ride on the road unsupervised until I had passed it.

It seems ridiculous in this day and age, when there is far more traffic on the roads, that whilst it is mandatory for those in cars or on motorcycles to pass a test of proficiency before being allowed unsupervised on public highways, someone who wishes to ride a bicycle can just go into a shop buy a cycle and ride home without any regulation to test their proficiency.

In the case of motorcyclists they have to wear protective helmets and yet it is not mandatory for cyclists. Then we get to insurance and vehicle excise duty - again mandatory for car drivers and motorcyclists, but not for cyclists.

Surely if cyclists wish to be counted as equals on the road they should have to conform As for the statement that this would discourage cyclists, other road users have to include these costs in their calculations when taking to the road, why should cyclists be exempt from the same regulations that are incumbent on other road users?

None of it seems ridiculous at all. There is no need or reason to license cyclists, to require a license, to expect them to carry insurance, and VED is specifically for MOTOR driven vehicles, and even IF cycles were included they'd be zero rated.

Cyclists ARE counted as equal, and anyone that doesn't do so should immediately lose the right to use a motor vehicle on the road.

There is no need or reason to license cyclists, to require a license, to expect them to carry insurance, and VED is specifically for MOTOR driven vehicles, and even IF cycles were included they'd be zero rated.

Cyclists ARE counted as equal, and anyone that doesn't do so should immediately lose the right to use a motor vehicle on the road.

But cyclists have the potential to both injure (or worse) pedestrians, and cause damage to property and vehicles. Of course not to the extent of a motor vehicle, but the potential still exists.

Therefore how is it unreasonable to expect them to abide by the same rules as every other road user?

But cyclists have the potential to both injure (or worse) pedestrians, and cause damage to property and vehicles. Of course not to the extent of a motor vehicle, but the potential still exists.

Therefore how is it unreasonable to expect them to abide by the same rules as every other road user?

Some people just dont want to be held accountable?

Some people cant afford it?

Some people cant be bothered?

Clever enough to start an argument in an empty room!

---------- Post added 30-03-2015 at 12:25 ----------

Liar :)

Actually ill go a little further. Bare faced liar :)

I will be happy to take that back though just as long as you show me this video you speak of and also show me where someone has been dealt with in Sheffield for such an act of dangerous driving.

Start an argument? I disagreed with you and then responded to your posts as I am doing again! As for calling people liars... I think it's you that is being provocative and argumentative, not me!

Also if you need proof, I'll invite you to the court case where my son and three witnesses say that dangerous driving resulted in injury to a cyclist.

Start an argument? I disagreed with you and then responded to your posts as I am doing again! As for calling people liars... I think it's you that is being provocative and argumentative, not me!

Erm, ok then. However you want to play it is fine with me. The fact that you are the one who behaved in the way your now attributing to me is quite funny but a little sad too :)