Accident outside Primark 28/03/15

So what test would pedestrians have to pass? And what would the consequences be of not passing it?

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 09:35 ----------

Lights at night are mandatory.

A helmet is not.

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 09:36 ----------

You'd rather kill someone than pay for a little bit more training :loopy:

No, I always try and drive in a safe and reasonable manner and don't feel the need for any more training. I have also never killed anyone or been in any road traffic collision of any sort. :)

If this incurred extra cost to the driver I would be extremely against it. I pay enough already in tax, insurance and mot.

Absolutely! It should be a bigger part of learning to drive and could be part of the practical exam, ie the examiner could include questions related to cyclists.

As a car driver I agree that any additional cost to us is not acceptable, it's expensive enough!

No one else is playing the Youtube peeing contest. For every one of those youve posted you could easily find one where a cyclist is behaving like a plank. What exactly is your point?

No need to cry.

It is just for those who say cars are perfect and the cyclist is always wrong.

In the end there are bad car drivers and cyclist. But cyclist (we are not talking about bored cycling teens here) tend to be more connected with their body and soul as they are active, healthy in the fresh air while drivers are often stressed, in a hurry, locked up in their cabin.

No, I always try and drive in a safe and reasonable manner and don't feel the need for any more training. I have also never killed anyone or been in any road traffic collision of any sort. :)

Is that true of all drivers?

Some of them are un teachable, solid like a rock, that is the way they are and there is nothing that can be done about it no matter how hard you try.

Your many years as a police officer? Driving instructor? Traffic warden? has told you this has it?

Surely no pedal cyclists on the roads = no accidents involving pedal cyclists on the roads.

Why do pedal cyclists not have to have lights, insurance, mot's or a vehicle license plate why do they not need to have passed some form of proficiency and eysight tests?

Why do adults on pedal cycles ride on pavements and pedestrian precincts and ignore many other highway code recommendations that are often the subject of legislation for other road users with impunity?

These questions would be irrelevent if only we legislated to keep pedal cyclists both safe and off the roads. There are many rules and laws which very many people object to having imposed upon them by our controlling nanny state and keeping pedal cyclists of roads would be just one more, best for all and and hard luck for a few.

Surely no pedal cyclists on the roads = no accidents involving pedal cyclists on the roads.

Why do pedal cyclists not have to have lights, insurance, mot's or a vehicle license plate why do they not need to have passed some form of proficiency and eysight tests?

Why do adults on pedal cycles ride on pavements and pedestrian precincts and ignore many other highway code recommendations that are often the subject of legislation for other road users with impunity?

These questions would be irrelevent if only we legislated to keep pedal cyclists both safe and off the roads. There are many rules and laws which very many people object to having imposed upon them by our controlling nanny state and keeping pedal cyclists of roads would be just one more, best for all and and hard luck for a few.

Probably for the same reason the majority of motorists do not stick to the speed limit when driving on the motorways.