Accident outside Primark 28/03/15

Pedestrians are not on the road like bikers are so dont be daft / they use the cause way. :hihi::hihi:

Have you ever heard the phrase 'it is better to be quiet and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt'?

What about if they banned other road users from being closer than 2/3 meters from you? This space can increase as your speed increases. Would that work?

As long as I can use bus lanes / bus gates and run red lights, then I will tolerate other road users.

Don't worry about Penistone 999. He is a cyclist hating idiot who drives to intentionally bother and pester cyclist.

He will lose his license sooner than a cyclist will ever need one.

i don't know why but i always picture him looking like Jeremy Clarkson :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...
Some of them are un teachable, solid like a rock, that is the way they are and there is nothing that can be done about it no matter how hard you try.

You may well be right but with no requirement to pass a proficiency test before embarking on the public highway very few pedal cyclists undertake any professional training in the first place.

And with no need for insurance or indeed much need for accountablity with them being fairly anonymous, having no registration number, many feel they do not need to bother with instruction or training that could save both their lives and those of other people as it not compulsory.

I have always said that for a northern EU country UK development of cycling lanes and its comical cycling philosophy is rather like some Monty python way of getting it done.

Why not build proper cycling lanes separated from motorised lanes and even start using special cycle traffic lights to keep cyclist separated from dangerous motorised movements?