What Would Happen If Loads Refused To Pay Council Tax

As far as I am aware there are no services that have been opened up to private companies which allow me to choose whether or not to use and pay for them.

I think theres your answer...although the nhs might be private soon. Hope youre in good healh or good luck affording decent health insurance.

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 11:00 ----------

Council tax in this country is a joke, and most of it goes straight into the pockets of council staff. Axe their ridiculous pensions and you could save us all a fortune.

I agree it could be more efficient.

It wont cut the cost of council tax though. Just go towards paying off the UK's debt.

" Fire Service, I have a fire........"

"Yes madam, would you like quote?... we have the small fire at £800, the medium at £1500... or our fully engulfed service at £3000.... will that be cash or card??"

Remember the council tax is only a quarter of local government spending. We might grumble but show me a better system.

That did make me laugh so credit for that but it's totally irrelevant since council tax doesn't pay for the fire service.

I think the main problem is it's another tax and I for one have no idea what the money I pay is spent on. I live in Rotherham and the roads are an absolute dangerous disgrace but isn't that covered by road tax?

That did make me laugh so credit for that but it's totally irrelevant since council tax doesn't pay for the fire service.

I think the main problem is it's another tax and I for one have no idea what the money I pay is spent on. I live in Rotherham and the roads are an absolute dangerous disgrace but isn't that covered by road tax?

Theres potholes all over sheff too. Maybe with all these new cars and low Co road tax income is decreasing..

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 11:20 ----------

Does petrol tax go towards road works?

What do they do that the council could do better?

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 09:53 ----------

Privatising increases competition, which increases quality and lowers cost and should give you the choice of service provider or not using or paying for the service.

Veolia .......... private profit making company took over the running of the dump it sites from the council and made a complete mess of it. They then subbed it out to another company ( the green co ) ,who have made an even bigger balls up of the job.

Just one example

Council tax in this country is a joke, and most of it goes straight into the pockets of council staff. Axe their ridiculous pensions and you could save us all a fortune.
A third of your council tax goes towards pensions,so not only have you helped keep them in a job, but you are now helping keep them in retirement!