Green Party Wants To Put The Queen In A Council House

That sounds a reasonable idea, does she have plans to take every house off every owner or is just the Queen she doesn't like. :suspect:

I suspect she would like to do that too.

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 12:04 ----------

There would still be a royal family. There would still be some palaces. The family would still have extreme wealth and arguably without being shackled by the state would become even wealthier. The difference would be that they wouldn't be part of the state, and we wouldn't have to pay for them.

The counter arguments I guess would be what about the tourism money they bring in. But then I'd ask any person making that argument if they'd ever been to Versailles and seen how many people flock from all over the world to visit the palaces of a dead monarchy. In many ways it could be even better for us - visitors only ever get to see small sections of the palaces now with tight security imposed. If the royals moved out then the palaces are more open and a bigger draw.

But if they wanted a council house I'm sure one could be provided, just like it could be to any other citizen.

Perhaps we could have a revolution and cut the heads off those we didn't approve of too like the French did.

I suspect she would like to do that too.

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 12:04 ----------

Perhaps we could have a revolution and cut the heads off those we didn't approve of too like the French did.

There's no need for that Ron. We could simply have a vote in parliament to disestablish them.

I think if Charles ever becomes king we might all be talking about that anyway.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/01/24/green-party-queen-council-house_n_6537208.html

It'll be a bit strange if Natalie Bennet wins, she'll have to go to Buckingham Palace. shake the Queen's hand and then say "Oh by the way Madge....."

Royal family are scroungers..she should be put in a council house.

---------- Post added 29-03-2015 at 12:41 ----------

The Green party are populated by a type of person that is unfortunately all too common in the UK. Middle class, entitled, opinionated and intolerant.

They think they have the absolute right to tell everybody what to do.

Yvette Cooper would make a good Green MP.

And the queen isnt entitled? Nothing wrong with pointing out hypocrisy.

The Green party are populated by a type of person that is unfortunately all too common in the UK. Middle class, entitled, opinionated and intolerant.

They think they have the absolute right to tell everybody what to do.

Yvette Cooper would make a good Green MP.

One Green Party canvasser followed me into a charity shop after I refused a leaflet, I said I hoped she wasn't going to harangue me there, she said no and moved in on the counter staff.

The Queen regards herself as a caretaker of the palaces, if she moved out how long before the palace was sold off to a rich sheikh

Sounds out the wrong messages to have self appointed leaders with vast inherited wealth and property. We are all in it together. The queen should at least be forced to downsize to a bungelow and the kids should get out to work to pay for it.

Sounds out the wrong messages to have self appointed leaders with vast inherited wealth and property. We are all in it together. The queen should at least be forced to downsize to a bungelow and the kids should get out to work to pay for it.

Which members of the royal family don't work?

The Queen's working day.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/HMTheQueen/DayInTheLife/TheQueensworkingday/Morning.aspx

The Queen regards herself as a caretaker of the palaces, if she moved out how long before the palace was sold off to a rich sheikh

The Queen only regards herself as ' a caretaker ' for tax purposes.

In fact the Crown - in the person of the Queen - is the ultimate owner of all the land in England.

If you own your own house and the land it's on is freehold you may be under the impression that you are the outright owner with no strings attached.

You would be wrong in that impression.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.duchyofcornwall.eu%2Flatest%2F%3Fpage_id%3D130&ei=_OkXVcHZB6qQ7Aa9tICwDg&usg=AFQjCNE8YHLzWfbMd_eakq4IsGVTmPXvHA&bvm=bv.89381419,d.ZGU