Should diesel vehicles be banned from the city centre?

Starlc, I've no idea what a bobber is but I'm an adult and can communicate without childish names. I don't believe anything you say. Cycle to Matlock? Sat in front of television with a can of lager more like. The ones that brag and insult others usually are all talk.

By the way next time you are cycling illegally down the Parkway, let us all know so we can either report you or avoid it to make sure that a selfish idiot like you is not held up.

Cyclling down parkway ? :hihi: lmao :hihi: oh ha ha ha

You dont know how stupid you look !

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 18:37 ----------

Motorcycling was mentioned - a loud bobber being a custom motorcycle with a loud exhaust, and references to "bike" that is away from the lights in a flash...

What wasn't mentioned at all, was cycling but you chose to talk about cycling illegally on the parkway for some obscure reason known only to yourself; just another reason to grumble about cyclists without foundation

:rolleyes:

Thats great and was very amused ! :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 18:43 ----------

Neither was pedal cycling. I suspect Starlc was deliberately ambiguous and would imagine that your failure to pick up the fact has provided him with some amusement.

It's not like he didn't leave any clues - loud pipes save lives (in his sig.) is motorcycling related and it's well known that motorcyclists congregate in Matlock on Sundays.

Motorcycling was mentioned - a loud bobber being a custom motorcycle with a loud exhaust, and references to "bike" that is away from the lights in a flash...

What wasn't mentioned at all, was cycling but you chose to talk about cycling illegally on the parkway for some obscure reason known only to yourself; just another reason to grumble about cyclists without foundation

Highly amused at the lack of knowledge of some people " cytine " by looks of it i could have stuck a picture in front of of those painyed on eyes ! Lol :hihi:

Edited by Starlc

Cyclling down parkway ? :hihi: lmao :hihi: oh ha ha ha

You dont know how stupid you look !

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 18:37 ----------

:rolleyes:

Thats great and was very amused ! :hihi:

---------- Post added 27-03-2017 at 18:43 ----------

Highly amused at the lack of knowledge of some people " cytine " by looks of it i could have stuck a picture in front of of those painyed on eyes ! Lol :hihi:

Is this the best you can do? I suppose you're an expert on every subject. But never mind I'm glad I amused your obviously simple mind.

Is this the best you can do? I suppose you're an expert on every subject. But never mind I'm glad I amused your obviously simple mind.

;):hihi::hihi::hihi:

Back on subject...

Yes ban them and all cars from the city centres other than eco cars and vans !

Remember "Dirty Diesels get Diseasels"

Edited by Starlc

London Taxi Company news:

Wednesday 22nd March 2017 we announced the official opening of the UK’s first car plant dedicated solely to the production of range-extended electric vehicles. Our new, state-of-the-art, vehicle plant in Ansty, is where the world’s first purpose-built, mass-market electric taxi will be built.

The investment and expansion in the new site and the next-generation London taxi has helped create more than 1,000 new jobs, including 200 engineers and 30 apprenticeships.

When at full capacity we will be able to build more than 20,000 vehicles per year - vehicles designed for, and dedicated to one task: to be the best ultra-low emission commercial vehicles in the world.

The evolution of vehicles means we'll reach the point where taxis are using electricity instead of diesel combustion engines and it will happen naturally as drivers choose to replace their vehicles.

We may say we want to get there a bit more quickly than will happen naturally. Rather than outright ban diesels - which would require an enforcement system - we can get there through maintaining the incentives for electric vehicles and by having a diesel scrappage scheme.

Will this include buses, lorries delivering goods or just car drivers who were conned into buying diesel cars? It will be another nail in city centres. Of course Sheffield will jump on the bandwagon, anything to fleece the motorist.

I don't suppose pollution is caused by the constant stopping/starting waiting in traffic jams etc. caused by the inept planners?

Another stupid idea from out of touch politicians.

Dealing with buses is easy-peasy.

Specify they're gas-driven or hybrid, and have to operate on battery power/electricity within the city centre.

If bus companies can provide this technology to other towns and cities, there's no reason why they can't provide them to Sheffield - being national organisations, they should have a big enough fleet, and they should be given enough time to organise it.