Should anyone be allowed to parent?

I agree, but in the case of the man in the OP, most of the kids are in care, so it is a case of the tax payer being forced to take full responsibility for the children he has created.

That's what I pay my taxes for. Same goes for you. Deal with it and stop moaning like a little pig. Hold your head high knowing that you're hard work has helped feed, cloth and house another human being.

You change society for the better by changing it from within and not running away.

<SNIP

hope that one day we can end the barbaric practice of producing children to be dumped on the state.

It has been changed for the better.

In the past the children of the feckless would simply be shunned, ignored and left to fend for themselves much like unwanted children in india are. Now we will take those children and be a surrogate parent, irrelevant of the reasons why.

You issue appears to be more that the state has to pay, rather than a child is abandoned.

That's what I pay my taxes for. Same goes for you. Deal with it and stop moaning like a little pig. Hold your head high knowing that you're hard work has helped feed, cloth and house another human being.

I have noticed that you also complain about the things you don't like, therefor you must also be a moaning little pig.

I have noticed that you also complain about the things you don't like, therefor you must also be a moaning little pig.

So you don't like the fact that in a small way you've helped to feed, clothe and house others at need?

It has been changed for the better.

In the past the children of the feckless would simply be shunned, ignored and left to fend for themselves much like unwanted children in india are. Now we will take those children and be a surrogate parent, irrelevant of the reasons why.

You issue appears to be more that the state has to pay, rather than a child is abandoned.

Yes it as improved and over time it will improve further with society putting a stop the suffering caused by people such as the man in the OP.

In a society of infinite resources your thinking would work, but in a society of finite resources your thinking just cause suffering.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 09:44 ----------

So you don't like the fact that in a small way you've helped to feed, clothe and house others at need?

I don't like the idea that in doing so we encourage the feckless breeding and suffering that the man in the OP as caused.

Prevention is always better than cure.

Yes it as improved and over time it will improve further with society putting a stop the suffering caused by people such as the man in the OP.

When you bear in mind that earlier in this thread you was suggesting that our society will drop the Hippocratic Oath by forcing people do be sterilised, do you believe that this would be an improvement in society?

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 09:45 ----------

I don't like the idea that in doing so we encourage the feckless breeding and suffering that the man in the OP as caused.

Prevention is always better than cure.

So you'd rather that the need suffer to send a message to the feckless?

When you bear in mind that earlier in this thread you was suggesting that our society will drop the Hippocratic Oath by forcing people do be sterilised, do you believe that this would be an improvement in society?

Alimenting the suffering caused by feckless breeders would be an improvement. There is a cost implication to his behaviour, and I have noticed the same people that wouldn't want him steralized are the same people that complain about lack of resources for the poor.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 09:51 ----------

So you'd rather that the need suffer to send a message to the feckless?

Who are the need?

Who are the need?

The need is a typo for the needy. The people who are currently clothed and fed by your taxes. The ones that you'd like to stop helping to send out a message to the feckless.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 09:59 ----------

Alimenting the suffering caused by feckless breeders would be an improvement. There is a cost implication to his behaviour, and I have noticed the same people that wouldn't want him steralized are the same people that complain about lack of resources for the poor.

So is that a yes? Do you believe society would be improved by dropping the Hippocratic Oath? :o

The need is a typo for the needy. The people who are currently clothed and fed by your taxes. The ones that you'd like to stop helping to send out a message to the feckless.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 09:59 ----------

So is that a yes? Do you believe society would be improved by dropping the Hippocratic Oath? :o

Its illogical to intentionally create needy people, because in doing so the needy people that already exist will suffer even more.

Hippocratic Oath

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

That would allow them to steralise anyone that is likley to spread disease onto the next generation.

Here's another part of the oath.

But it may also be within my power to take a life.

That means they can kill someone that is suffering without breaking the oath.

Edited by loraward