Should anyone be allowed to parent?

It wouldn't be that much of a challenge, and must be better than snatching kids after they are born.

Ask yourself which would be worse.

You can create kids but you can't keep them.

or

You can't create them.

Maybe because it is infinitely easier to remove the children than it is to force someone to have surgery?

In my opinion once you force someone who is of sound mind to undergo any sort of medical treatment then society is on a slippery sloop, especially so if you do so for moral reasons.

So you say it won't be much of a challenge, so throw a few ideas forward.

Guest sibon
Name calling means you can't think of a counter argument.

It really isn't that difficult to think of a counter argument to your advocacy of forced sterilisation.

Your constant trolling is detrimental to this site. I think that it should be legal to send Mort round to amputate your hands.

It really isn't that difficult to think of a counter argument to your advocacy of forced sterilisation.

Your constant trolling is detrimental to this site. I think that it should be legal to send Mort round to amputate your hands.

Yet you would rather silence me than counter the argument, proving that you can't actually counter the argument.

We don't need a draconian State telling us which people can breed and which can't. We just need a welfare system that helps people during time of temporary misfortune but doesn't interfere which natural selection.

If the feckless choose to have kids they can't support then let them get on with it without the taxpayer indirectly encouraging it with ongoing financial support... let them enjoy the rightful fruits of their labour i.e. poverty. And if the State has to intervene and take kids off these people then the 'parental failure' should be considered a crime against society (it is certainly going to cost us plenty) that earns a person 10 years in prison breaking stones.

All these people need are the consequences of their decisions and actions handed back to them and we'll quickly see the vast majority rediscover responsibility. Workhouses can mop up the rest.

Maybe because it is infinitely easier to remove the children than it is to force someone to have surgery?

In my opinion once you force someone who is of sound mind to undergo any sort of medical treatment then society is on a slippery sloop, especially so if you do so for moral reasons.

So you say it won't be much of a challenge, so throw a few ideas forward.

We are already well down the slipper slope, secret courts and hearings to determine a parents ability to parent and then the forced abduction of their children is further down the slope than preventing unsuitable people from reproducing.

The man in the OP.

Most of his kids have gone through the care system, so that is money taken from the children of good parents to fund the care of children created by a man that could have been sterilized. Its immoral to take money from one group of people just so that he can continue reproducing.

Sterilizing them is surely better than letting them have kids and then taking the kids away, it would be cheaper and cause less suffering.

In your opinion, what makes a person incapable of being a good parent?

In my opinion, someone who thinks sterilising a human a good candidate for not being allowed to bring up children.

In your opinion, what makes a person incapable of being a good parent?

In my opinion, someone who thinks sterilising a human a good candidate for not being allowed to bring up children.

Someone who fathers 40 children with no means to support them and no intention of actually being a father to them is incapable of being any kind of parent.