Cyclists part two.

Maybe he just dislikes tailored suits :-(

We weren't even sharing the road, I was on the pavement. His problem was it was so greasy he fell off trying to bump up the kerb.

Oh and someones gone and thrown his bike in the river now too after he left it by the side of the road. Bet I'll get blamed for that as well...

Well quite. I can understand now at least partly though why some people do tend to have such a loathing for them.

My loathing at the moment is very specific and particular and long may it stay that way.

Presumably you've been in some kind of altercation with a car in the past?

I've been rear ended, had someone run into the side of me, had near misses and including when I've been on the bike and they could have killed me.

I don't loath motorists though, that would be stupid.

---------- Post added 01-04-2015 at 07:29 ----------

The problem as I see it, is that if they should get accidentally knocked down as a result of such pursuits, and the relevant driver (i) cannot avoid the accident due to the cyclist's recklessness and (ii) has no dashcam (or the angle does not cover the relevant scene) to prove his innocence...who do you think will get it in the neck? :mad:

Reminds me of the pack of 4 Darwin Award contestants riding abreast (1 of them in & out of the oncoming lane FFS!) that "ran into" me the other weekend on the A634 between Blyth and Oldcotes.

Without evidence, neither. We have no presumption that motorists are in the wrong.

---------- Post added 01-04-2015 at 07:30 ----------

We weren't even sharing the road, I was on the pavement. His problem was it was so greasy he fell off trying to bump up the kerb.

Oh and someones gone and thrown his bike in the river now too after he left it by the side of the road. Bet I'll get blamed for that as well...

He left his bike there?

Well, call it karma.

Where did all this happen .

Without evidence, neither. We have no presumption that motorists are in the wrong.
One's witness statement will stand as evidence (in default of better) in civil proceedings.

So the cyclist's will, just as much as the drivers', and it will be up to the court to decide who's right and who's wrong (not who's lying and who's not) under the balance of probabilities test.

In that context, ambulance-chasing claim firms beg to differ with your 'neither': the driver is insured, so there's something for the cyclist('s no-win no-fee hounds) to go after.

And it's still cheaper for the driver's insurance to write a small cheque to make it all go away for sure, than a large cheque to their own hounds for fighting a maybe.

Well quite. I can understand now at least partly though why some people do tend to have such a loathing for them.

My loathing at the moment is very specific and particular and long may it stay that way.

Obleix,, we are well aware of your "loathing" for cyclists but to be honest you might change your opinion if you actually try cycling on the roads yourself.

I don't doubt there are roug cyclists on the road jumping red lights and riding without lights but as a regular cyclist myself and a car driver I can tell you the level of idiots driving cars is far far higher than the careless cyclist.

Look in the mirror when you slag off cyclists and realise the reality that the most dangerous people on our roads have engines, take it from an experienced cyclist and driver

Obleix,, we are well aware of your "loathing" for cyclists but to be honest you might change your opinion if you actually try cycling on the roads yourself.

I don't doubt there are roug cyclists on the road jumping red lights and riding without lights but as a regular cyclist myself and a car driver I can tell you the level of idiots driving cars is far far higher than the careless cyclist.

Look in the mirror when you slag off cyclists and realise the reality that the most dangerous people on our roads have engines, take it from an experienced cyclist and driver

You say you dont doubt. Does that mean youve never seen it?

I hope that the OP gets better soon.

My elbow is still causing me considerable pain after I was knocked off my bike by a car pulling out of a junction. The hysterical driver who helped picked me off the floor loudly proclaimed that she normally looks when she pulls out of junctions. She left me sat on the side of the road still dazed and drove off without leaving her contact details.

. . . as a regular cyclist myself and a car driver I can tell you the level of idiots driving cars is far far higher than the careless cyclist.

True.

How many idiotic cyclists do I encounter on the roads? Less than one per month.

How many idiotic drivers do I encounter on the roads? Several per journey.