Northern Soul Nights

desy

No offence, but hasn't your music tastes moved with the times? I enjoy Northern Soul, but don't think I could stand a whole night of it now.

Don't ask me why I love Northern Soul , ask yourself why you don't ! it's a way of life :-)

There's a good night coming up this Friday at the Ridgeway Arms at the top of Mosborough. They play a mixture of Northern soul and Motown records all on Vinyl. There's usually between 150 and 200 people there.

No offence, but hasn't your music tastes moved with the times? I enjoy Northern Soul, but don't think I could stand a whole night of it now.

I like a lot of new stuff like Foster The People, Cloud Control, Friendly Fire, etc., but still love Northern Soul and yes I could listen to it all night!

Quite a few events in South Yorkshire in the Soul Source event calendar on the link below.

http://www.soul-source.co.uk/

I'll have a look on here. Haven't been on for a while.

However, I'm hoping that given your username you'll be able to steer me in the direction of decent modern (rather than northern) soul nights in Sheffield? Or somewhere with a modern room, at least? A jazz/latin room would be good too :hihi:

• 2 weeks later...
I'll have a look on here. Haven't been on for a while.

However, I'm hoping that given your username you'll be able to steer me in the direction of decent modern (rather than northern) soul nights in Sheffield? Or somewhere with a modern room, at least? A jazz/latin room would be good too :hihi:

Hi dondada,

Sheffield is a bit of a graveyard for Modern events now apart from the monthly night ran by Tony Barraclough at the Red Lion at Todwick I'm afraid.

Think the next one is in July to avoid clashing with the big Bridlington weekender then it's the last Saturday monthly until the end of the year.

Well worth checking out & the discounted room rates are very good too.

Got Tony's number so if you need it pm me & I'll let you have it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived