Deliberate attack (s) on cyclist (s)

I have given some thought as to whether to post this here, firstly, because the video below was posted by someone in london and secondly because there are a lot of cyclist haters on this forum. But anyway here goes, the following video shows a deliberate unprovoked act of violence towards a cyclist.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1602226240063787

The cyclist doesn't appear to be injured but it could easily have been worse. If you read the comments on his page a lot of his kid friends think its hilarious. At the time of writing 5000 people have liked the vid so thats 5000 people who condone and find funny a deliberate act of violence against an innocent bystander (assuming its real, if it isn't the message is still there) I think we need to, via social media or otherwise, try and get this video taken down by FB - they claim it doesn't violate their "community standards" so the more people who report, the more likely they are to listen. Also try and get the london met police to investigate.

So far I have contacted FB to report the vid.

Shared the vid as widely a possible with a message saying we need to get the perpetrators and request FB remove the vid.

Contacted the london met police.

Contacted the beeb

Contacted the guardian (Not got any further with contacted newspapers)

So if anyone cares do the same as I have! Or if anyone has any better ideas on whether there's something we could do please post below.

I don't think this kind of hatred towards a minority should be allowed to be published online. Other hate crimes (racially motivated or towards disabled people for example) would not be allowed.

Edited by TimmyR

So you've added it so more people can see it, looks like a set up but either way you are just spreading it further and giving more people the idea that it's funny

not really I'm posting it with a message saying its bad and trying to persuade people to take some kind of action.

I have given some thought as to whether to post this here, firstly, because the video below was posted by someone in london and secondly because there are a lot of cyclist haters on this forum. But anyway here goes, the following video shows a deliberate unprovoked act of violence towards a cyclist.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1602226240063787

The cyclist doesn't appear to be injured but it could easily have been worse. If you read the comments on his page a lot of his kid friends think its hilarious. At the time of writing 5000 people have liked the vid so thats 5000 people who condone and find funny a deliberate act of violence against an innocent bystander (assuming its real, if it isn't the message is still there) I think we need to, via social media or otherwise, try and get this video taken down by FB - they claim it doesn't violate their "community standards" so the more people who report, the more likely they are to listen. Also try and get the london met police to investigate.

So far I have contacted FB to report the vid.

Shared the vid as widely a possible with a message saying we need to get the perpetrators and request FB remove the vid.

Contacted the london met police.

Contacted the beeb

Contacted the guardian (Not got any further with contacted newspapers)

So if anyone cares do the same as I have! Or if anyone has any better ideas on whether there's something we could do please post below.

I don't want this kind of hatred towards a minority to be allowed to be published online. Other hate crimes (racially motivated or towards disabled people for example) would not be allowed.

Something similar happens to me two years ago. A car full of youths decided to ride by the side of me and shouted at me ( for no obvious reason). So as they went past I blew them a kiss. Unfortunately for me they boys/men/idiots had no sense of humour and came behind me and two of them punched me in my back almost causing me to fall! I tried to catch up with them to have a quiet word but it seemed they were to busy speeding and possibly congratulating each other to stop.

I did not report them as I was to angry to remember car details however they did make my ride home much quicker!

Me and couple of friends had just got the bus and waiting to cross the road when a cyclist rode past us put his arm out and slapped each one of us across the face. Since then I don't like them.

That'll teach you to drink Tango in public.

Me and couple of friends had just got the bus and waiting to cross the road when a cyclist rode past us put his arm out and slapped each one of us across the face. Since then I don't like them.

That's the same mentality as "one pakistani person commits a crime so instantly all pakistani people are criminals"

Just because a couple of people do something, doesn't mean we are all like that...

That'll teach you to drink Tango in public.

I shouldnt laugh at a serious thread but that's as funny as anything I heard today :-)

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 17:11 ----------

Read my post about the cyclist that had me off my feet today...