Deliberate attack (s) on cyclist (s)

I shouldnt laugh at a serious thread but that's as funny as anything I heard today :-)

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 17:11 ----------

Read my post about the cyclist that had me off my feet today...

At least he didn't deliberately attack you (although he was a moron).

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 21:21 ----------

I've reported it.

I've also just bought a new 720p camera from ebay for £16, if it works well I'll add another 1 at least pointing to the rear, and maybe one more.

I've only had a few incidents, but having them on video would make it much easier to do something about them.

See it's going viral on here now, so much for playing it down and I still think it was staged

It could have been staged. It's still not appropriate that it's on facebook to be ogled and emulated by 1000's of impressionable idiots who, from the comments, clearly think it's a splendid jest.

Similarly, if someone staged a group racist attack and posted it, it should, and, in that case, most definitely would be taken down very quickly.

But, cos it's just a cyclist....

Update: Power in numbers worked. The video has been taken down. Initially most people were getting a response saying it didn't violate FB standards, now its gone. The original video has been forwarded to the london met police. Lets see if they do anything.

Edited by TimmyR

Update: Power in numbers worked. The video has been taken down. Initially most people were getting a response saying it didn't violate FB standards, now its gone. Unfortunately, the police probably won't do anything about it now but at least it stops others viewing and promoting the actions as a fun thing to do.

When I reported this attack to the police, they did their absolute best to fob me off and claimed it wasn't something they could deal with!

The evasion and outright untruths spouted at me were astounding, including claiming that the 'data protection act' meant I couldn't ring back to get details of what, if anything would be done about it.

2 different police/staff insisted that the only possible thing that could be done was for me to contact sheffield forum management and get them to contact the police.

However, I voice recorded all 4 conversations (having told them I was doing so) and got an incident number, as well as details of their complaints procedure, which I fully intend to make use of.

It's no wonder that many people don't bother reporting crimes on here, when the police show such blatant lack of appreciation and then deny that it falls within their 'remit'.

I'm sat here looking at my council tax bill. I/we fund this organisation. I've had a gutfull of this crap from these, and, it seems, every other bureaucratic system in charge of our lives.

I've just been informed by another poster that the vids been taken off facebook and the police didn't have a copy.

I gave at least 2 of them a link to it last night!- they refused to put my mind at ease by actually watching it, one claiming that it would 'be unacceptably rude to me'!!! (Despite my quick reassurance that I gave my consent and it would most certainly not be rude. They didn't mind being rude by fobbing me off, obviously).

Luckily, I ripped the vid and so have it as evidence.

If any police are roaming this thread, I'd suggest you get in touch pronto, with explanations, an apology, a solid plan of how you're going to investigate this assault and how you'll keep me informed of it's progress.

Alternatively you can talk to the IPCC.

When I reported this attack to the police, they did their absolute best to fob me off and claimed it wasn't something they could deal with!

The evasion and outright untruths spouted at me were astounding, including claiming that the 'data protection act' meant I couldn't ring back to get details of what, if anything would be done about it.

2 different police/staff insisted that the only possible thing that could be done was for me to contact sheffield forum management and get them to contact the police.

However, I voice recorded all 4 conversations (having told them I was doing so) and got an incident number, as well as details of their complaints procedure, which I fully intend to make use of.

It's no wonder that many people don't bother reporting crimes on here, when the police show such blatant lack of appreciation and then deny that it falls within their 'remit'.

I'm sat here looking at my council tax bill. I/we fund this organisation. I've had a gutfull of this crap from these, and, it seems, every other bureaucratic system in charge of our lives.

I've just been informed by another poster that the vids been taken off facebook and the police didn't have a copy.

I gave at least 2 of them a link to it last night!- they refused to put my mind at ease by actually watching it, one claiming that it would 'be unacceptably rude to me'!!! (Despite my quick reassurance that I gave my consent and it would most certainly not be rude. They didn't mind being rude by fobbing me off, obviously).

If any police are roaming this thread, I'd suggest you get in touch pronto, with explanations, an apology, a solid plan of how you're going to investigate this assault and how you'll keep me informed of it's progress.

Thanks for trying. Sounds like they're not interested. I'll see where my report gets to. It can often be down to luck of the draw who you speak to.

Just had a call back from a sergeant, confirming SYP are unable to look into this.

Appropriate that the call is on the morning of April 1st :)

He was polite though, and I did explain that I had no issue with him personally, but that I had a big issue with his organisations handling of this, and, that I've no choice but to make the complaint.

Anyone out there who agrees that the polices handling of this has been woefully inadequate, and, who has experience of putting in complaints effectively, feel free to get in touch and offer help.

EDIT- a quick addition: as far as I know, none of the police involved in this has actually watched the video (I asked the sergeant if he had and he said no), it sounds like their decision to not investigate has been made on the basis that 1. it's an online video 2. that the cyclist involved hasn't made the report

Edited by onewheeldave

Errr, what did they think SheffieldForum had to do with a video on facebook?

Again, I'm confused, it wasn't a video of yours, or with you in it. How could it be rude to you?

It could well be the case that it's outside their jurisdiction though. The person who posted the video lives in London, so reporting it to the Met might be more appropriate...