Indoor games for all ages

I have a huge family over in the Netherlands, when we get together one thing we like doing is Chinese Whispers. You create a circle, the youngest or oldest starts with a sentence that everybody has to pass on to the next person. We've gone from "Bobbe bear is leaf" ("Bobbe bear is sweet" in Frisian) to "Wat bole bringt is us klear" (What bread brings is clear to us, again in Frisian) and "De BMW heeft een dikke motor" (The BMW has a big engine, my uncle got a new car...) to "The Bedumerwei is een dikke sprotter" (The Bedumerroad is a big sparrow...).

We play something very similar and after 15 cans of Stella probably say the same things.

We play something very similar and after 15 cans of Stella probably say the same things.

:hihi: there is usually only limited drinking at our do's, although I have a few cousins/uncles that like to keep up with me, we usually end up playing a card-game for cents and ignoring the Chinese Whispers ;)

I have a huge family over in the Netherlands, when we get together one thing we like doing is Chinese Whispers. You create a circle, the youngest or oldest starts with a sentence that everybody has to pass on to the next person. We've gone from "Bobbe bear is leaf" ("Bobbe bear is sweet" in Frisian) to "Wat bole bringt is us klear" (What bread brings is clear to us, again in Frisian) and "De BMW heeft een dikke motor" (The BMW has a big engine, my uncle got a new car...) to "The Bedumerwei is een dikke sprotter" (The Bedumerroad is a big sparrow...).

You sure know how to party in the Nether-regions! :partyhat:

Reminds me of a Chinese whisper sent (allegedly) along the trenches in WW1 ... Original message, 'Send reinforcements ... we're going to advance'.

End of line message, 'Send three and fourpence (three shillings and fourpence), we're going to a dance'. :)

I think that's a good choice that even 5 year olds can play. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

---------- Post added 01-04-2015 at 14:56 ----------

I don't think we've got ker plunk.