Nigel Farage says

He blamed the FACT that there were more cars on the M4 on the FACT there were more people in this country. The reason there are more people in this country is because of the open door immigration policy started by the Labour party. This is FACT.

But how did he know that any immigrants were on that stretch of road he went on to make him late?.............let him produce figures and facts that support his statement that immigrants made him late...........otherwise he is talking out of his backside.

No.........it's not relevent,because Farage is not talking about that,he is talking about immigrants stopping people playing football in the street,not stopping people going into 'their' area...........white English people have stopped others for going into 'their' area,it used to be a common occurance years ago,and probably still does now...........but you only anecdote about immigrants being responsible...........I wonder why?

I realise it is easy to take a sentence with no surrounding context and repeat it ad nauseum, but it really does not advance the conversation.

The fact is that Nigel Farage is responding to what must be thousands of truthful and disturbing 'anecdotes' such as mine.

Edited by rainbow2411

But how did he know that any immigrants were on that stretch of road he went on to make him late?.............let him produce figures and facts that support his statement that immigrants made him late...........otherwise he is talking out of his backside.

Of course he can't give those specifics, but the chances are that was the case. Britain is overpopulated and for some reason ("to wipe the smiles off the tories' faces and to change the nature of Britain forever") the Labour party decided to increase immigration to intolerable levels.

You choose not to see if you cant see that.

From The Independent

Asked whether immigration could reach the point where he was uncomfortable living in Britain, Mr Farage said: "I want to live in a country that is at ease with itself, where we speak the same language ... where our kids can play football with each other, and we all get on."

I realise it is easy to take a sentence with no surrounding context and repeat it ad nauseum, but it really does not advance the conversation.

The fact is that Nigel Farage is responding to what much be thousands of truthful and disturbing 'anecdotes' such as mine.

No,because nothing he said in his interview was anything to do with your anecdote..........you are blowing the same dog whistle that Farage blows,he quoted people not being able to play football because of immigrants,and then went on his usual rant about quotas...........nothing at all to do with people going into 'their' areas...........you introduced that all on your own.

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 20:02 ----------

Of course he can't give those specifics, but the chances are that was the case. Britain is overpopulated and for some reason ("to wipe the smiles off the tories' faces and to change the nature of Britain forever") the Labour party decided to increase immigration to intolerable levels.

You choose not to see if you cant see that.

No the chances are not...........you are guessing,he is guessing............he is dog whistling.

How's he supposed to witness the deterioration of the area first-hand? That would require him to have witnessed the area before it deteriorated (and that ship sailed decades ago).

I agree it is impossible to understand the deterioration that particular areas have undergone over the fairly recent past, maybe at last we have a politician who is prepared to listen to the people who actually live there and is not afraid to speak out for them. In the 50's I used to go dancing at the Roxy on Idsworth Road and always felt safe and at ease, in the 60's I rented a flat in a house owned by an Italian family in Page Hall and never felt anything but welcome. I would pass through on my way to and from work in the 90's and it had changed but I never saw any problems but I drove through it recently and was appalled by the squalor, so maybe at last the complaints of people who have lived there throughout these changing years, have been listened to and they have been treated with the respect and understanding that they deserve.

No,because nothing he said in his interview was anything to do with your anecdote..........you are blowing the same dog whistle that Farage blows,he quoted people not being able to play football because of immigrants,and then went on his usual rant about quotas...........nothing at all to do with people going into 'their' areas...........you introduced that all on your own.

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 20:02 ----------

No the chances are not...........you are guessing,he is guessing............he is dog whistling.

ok... please answer the following question.

Why are there more people on the M4?

The England team itself is the product of integration rather than immigration. Raheem Sterling came to England from Jamaica as a five-year-old. That at least eight of his 22 English-born team-mates are the sons or grandsons of migrants simply reflects the demographic pattern of modern England: ESRC research shows that over a third of the population of England have at least one parent or grandparent who was a migrant from outside Britain.

The migrant heritage of our Three Lions includes the Irish roots of Wayne Rooney, the Spanish heritage of Adam Lallana and Phil Jageilka’s Polish refugee grandparents of Phil Jagielka, who arrived in Manchester during the second world war. Jageilka’s father first learnt English when he started school.

Nobody finds anything remarkable about the everyday reality of our multi-ethnic England team. You do need not be born in a country to wear its shirt with pride. Eighty-three World Cup footballers (11%) were not born in the countries they represent – more than one in each of Hobsbawm’s XI. Many more are the children and grandchildren of migrants.

http://www.britishfuture.org/articles/world-cup-tournament-nations-migrants/

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 20:24 ----------

ok... please answer the following question.

Why are there more people on the M4?

Please,stop moving he goalposts,,,,,,,,,,,,,facts and figures or guessing and dog whistle............yours and Farages choices.

The England team itself is the product of integration rather than immigration. Raheem Sterling came to England from Jamaica as a five-year-old. That at least eight of his 22 English-born team-mates are the sons or grandsons of migrants simply reflects the demographic pattern of modern England: ESRC research shows that over a third of the population of England have at least one parent or grandparent who was a migrant from outside Britain.

The migrant heritage of our Three Lions includes the Irish roots of Wayne Rooney, the Spanish heritage of Adam Lallana and Phil Jageilka’s Polish refugee grandparents of Phil Jagielka, who arrived in Manchester during the second world war. Jageilka’s father first learnt English when he started school.

Nobody finds anything remarkable about the everyday reality of our multi-ethnic England team. You do need not be born in a country to wear its shirt with pride. Eighty-three World Cup footballers (11%) were not born in the countries they represent – more than one in each of Hobsbawm’s XI. Many more are the children and grandchildren of migrants.

Please,stop moving he goalposts,,,,,,,,,,,,,facts and figures or guessing and dog whistle............yours and Farages choices.

You don't want to... I'll answer it for you... because there are more people in Britain. I'll assume you don't deny this?

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 21:28 ----------

Now then another slightly less easy question. Pretty please with sugar and sprinkles on top please could you answer this question ....

Why are there more people in Britain?

---------- Post added 31-03-2015 at 21:30 ----------

would you like a clue? .......

N.. I......t..n

On reading your first paragraph I thought that you had posted on the wrong thread :confused:, but your second paragraph shows that you hadn't, you are becoming obsessed with dog whistle, perhaps it's time for a nice drink to calm you down. :)