Pitsmoor in the 60s

Does anyone remember the folk who lived on Gray Street & Fox Street during the sixties. We kids all hung around together and knew nearly everyone on the two roads. There were the Broughs, the Cauldwells, The Blades, The Donstuns, The Days, The Robinsons, The Stevesons, The Siddalls just to name a few.

I remember the Cauldwells, Les, and his sister, they had an elder brother too if i remember right. I most likely know some of the others, but putting names to faces these days is getting an almighty task.

Does anyone remember the folk who lived on Gray Street & Fox Street during the sixties. We kids all hung around together and knew nearly everyone on the two roads. There were the Broughs, the Cauldwells, The Blades, The Donstuns, The Days, The Robinsons, The Stevesons, The Siddalls just to name a few.

do you mean paul blades, ted robinson,quentin day, was it paul siddall ? do you remember the olivers or pete summers.

• 1 month later...

I lived at the other side of pitsmoor,,the street below Petre Street,Edgar -street it was called can any body remember it .I attended Burngreave boys in the 60s and remember Ted Robinson,Stephen Clarke John & trevor Stephenson ,Joseph Mish, Mick Timbrell,David Kettle and many more.Can any body remember the Brealey family who lived on Lyons street also Geoff Cryer,Mick Barker,Steve Walmsley Bob Allen. Let me know will Ya.Thanks

Gday sawguitar, I worked at Gillotts Bakery in 1958 just after leaving school, do you remember an explosion at Gillotts that killed a bloke called Bob who lived on Lyon St in the 60's & the explosion on Canada St in the late 60's?

After marriage we lived on Petre St, 3 doors up from Jack's butchers shop which was on the corner of Petre St & Carwood Rd, it belonged to Billy Limb before that, I spent many a happy night in the Hallcar.

As someone else mentioned earlier, I remember the Collesium picture house, I think it became a supermarket & there was a dentist next door who's name was I. Pullem [ Ivor] I also spent a lot of time in Smithies motorcycle shop on Spital Hill.

We moved to Oz in 1970 & returned to visit family in 92, my sister lived near the Hallcar at that time & the whole area had been rebuilt, my wife lived at Grimesthorpe but went to Ellesmere youth club in the 50's/60's.

• 4 weeks later...

hi skippy, glad someone can remember this side of pitsmoor.Iwas 6years old in 1958 and cant remember anyone getting killed in Gillotts bakery but i do remember a lad called spud hammond falling through the roof,fortunately he was not too badly hurt.Regarding the Collesium picture house it did not become a supermarket but was a filling station.Now its just a empty piece of land(how sad).Keep in touch.Adois.

I lived at the other side of pitsmoor,,the street below Petre Street,Edgar -street it was called can any body remember it .I attended Burngreave boys in the 60s and remember Ted Robinson,Stephen Clarke John & trevor Stephenson ,Joseph Mish, Mick Timbrell,David Kettle and many more.Can any body remember the Brealey family who lived on Lyons street also Geoff Cryer,Mick Barker,Steve Walmsley Bob Allen. Let me know will Ya.Thanks

i was a mate of geoff cryers brother paul.

sometimes see geoff drinking in pitsmoor pubs toll gate and bay horse.

do you mean paul blades, ted robinson,quentin day, was it paul siddall ? do you remember the olivers or pete summers.

Yes. they are the ones I used that my brother and I hung around with and it was Stephen Siddall and Peter Summers. The only one I am still in touch with is Stephen

Didn't David Kettle have a sister called Susan? She was in the same class at Pye Bank JUnior School as me

Didn't David Kettle have a sister called Susan? She was in the same class at Pye Bank Junior School as me