Pitsmoor in the 60s

my dad says his dads name was Frank

Sorry, yes your right it was Frank,, he was a great bloke, so sad what happened to him, it happened one Sunday afternoon in 1967 and I was at the scene.

The icescream driver apparently never recovered from that mentally and had a breakdown, it was a scene I have never forgot till this day, Andrew was no more than 4 years old the icescream van reversed over him.

They placed a towel over the poor boys head,, awfull day that was.

Sorry, yes your right it was Frank,, he was a great bloke, so sad what happened to him, it happened one Sunday afternoon in 1967 and I was at the scene.

The icescream driver apparently never recovered from that mentally and had a breakdown, it was a scene I have never forgot till this day, Andrew was no more than 4 years old the icescream van reversed over him.

They placed a towel over the poor boys head,, awfull day that was.

oh, dear, how dreadful for the people involved. I'm not surprised the chap had a breakdown, in an accident like that.

I lived on Andover Drive much later than that, in the 80s, I never heard about this incident (Although I can imagine it would not be something folks would want to discuss! Plus I would only have been the same age myself, as the kiddie, at the time of the incident, so I'd be unaware of it hapening, even at the time)

The lad lived at 23 or 25 Andover Drive although he was to young to be a friend of mine he was a lovely boy.

Going forward in time from that I think that same guy was actually driving icescream vans again as I saw him about 1975 doing the same job.

This forum has wonderfull ways of bringing back the past so someone may be able to confirm that.

• 1 month later...

Came across this thread googling "Edgar Street". My dad was born there in 1922 and lived there until the early 50s (except for a spell with the RAF in Burma during the war). His sister lived there until the 70s. I really have to get him to read through this...

Iv'e just stumbled across this and noted the auther of this thread Paul Tansley.

I met up with this guy in the Middle East is ity the same bloke I remember him talking about Pitsmoor.

A small guy fit but fit as a fiddle.

Paul if thats you contact me its Gordon, I've pmd you my number.

Gord

hello PAUL T we meet again i asked Graham Hallidays sister if she remembers chaseing you far calling her names and she did and she remembers giveing you a clip have you found out who i am yet ask Kevin Wallis he will know how i am the Parffits lived on Andover Drive when you did and dont tell me you could farget them bye for now

john t the parfitts had 5 kids 3boy 2 girls i dont know the oldest boys name maybe paul t will know the boys names are leslie the youngst neil the girls names are bevleyand sharron john remember me to your brother ask him if he know the peaces and tophams