Pitsmoor in the 60s

hi i also went to all saints school then up to burngreave left 1958 started work at gillotts i worked in the garage and was there when bob got killled and there was also another mechanic that got badley burnt he was called Maurice Hopper the reason the accident happened was because they were welding a chassis on a bread van and it fell apart and punctured the fuel tank thats why it exploded

That was my post mayie, not geocol, are you the one that had the blue Triumph 21 ? I used to hang around the garage after we'd finished our run, I worked with Betty Bullock at the time, seem to think she married Fred some years later after he got divorced, he was lucky not to be there when the explosion occured, because he was off work with a broken at the tim.[/quote

1958 started work at gillotts i worked in the garage.

Gday mate, you started the same time as me, I knew you well but have forgotten your christian name, I worked with Reg Furniss when I first started there, he always had a fag hangin out of his mouth.

I remember the name [Joe Cook], I remember Harry, Bob, Fred & you, there was also the bloke with the blue Triumph that started maybe after you & lived on the Parsons Cross, he used to give me a lift home, I seem to think the mechanic who started after Bob's death had his own buinness before starting there, but I can't remember his name these days.

Trev.

There was a bloke who worked with Bob who had his own business his name was Harold Wortly he had a garage in Kingstone St I worked with him from 69 to 74 I am still in touch with him to this day

Pete

Hi Ivandarrell, Yes I remember the Parfitts as I went to school with Neil, and all the rest of the family though I am hazy with the sisters.

I remember his parents to, I remember reading an obituary not to long ago in the star that Mrs Parfitt had past away, or was it the husband.

I know The Peaces, June, Mark and Dale and the father who's name escapes me.

Also I know the Tophams to especially Phill.

Ivan I'm in Scarbrough on Thursday mate, would be nice to see you and talk about old times. I'm staying overnight on North Bay.

the parfitts lived at attercliffe too i think am i wrong

Edited by jewls29
wrong