Pitsmoor in the 60s

I was chatting with afew friends about the pubs we used to frequent in the 60's, such as the Buckingham, The Ellesmere,Tea Gardens,Normanton,Gower, Grapes, Royal Oak,Norfolk Arms, Carlisle.The Rock, Toll Bar. We used to start in the Buck and then finish up in the Buck. them were the days .Are any of these pubs still open?.

does anyone remember the drink shop on spital hill next door smiths bike shop i think the lady who worked there was called joyce can/t remember the man,s name

I virtually lived in this place in the early 60s, the mans name was Dougie Burgin, his brother used to play in goal for Sheffield United many years ago, dougie was a painter and decorator and went back to his trade after they left the cafe'.

I was chatting with afew friends about the pubs we used to frequent in the 60's, such as the Buckingham, The Ellesmere,Tea Gardens,Normanton,Gower, Grapes, Royal Oak,Norfolk Arms, Carlisle.The Rock, Toll Bar. We used to start in the Buck and then finish up in the Buck. them were the days .Are any of these pubs still open?.

Bob South? now there's a name I know well, I used to live at the Buckenham.:D

I bet you think I'm a right muggin, don't you mr Painterman. I bet your favourit colour is White. You'll have to excuse me because I'm a bit new to this game .Both me and Jackie talk about the old times and your name crops up regular. Ithink it's because I got the last round in. nice talking

I virtually lived in this place in the early 60s, the mans name was Dougie Burgin, his brother used to play in goal for Sheffield United many years ago, dougie was a painter and decorator and went back to his trade after they left the cafe'.

When I lived on the Arbourthorne , I new a chap called Phil Burgin. He said that Ted Burgin, the great Sheffield Utd goalkeeper, was his uncle and prooved it by showing me photos. So maybe Dougie was his father. Ted is still living and has aplace in Blackpool.

Many years ago (more than I care to remember!) when I was a lad, my grandparents and my dad spent many an hour in the B.A. In those days the landlord was a guy called Ernest Makin, who died about 1954.

I bet you think I'm a right muggin, don't you mr Painterman. I bet your favourit colour is White. You'll have to excuse me because I'm a bit new to this game .Both me and Jackie talk about the old times and your name crops up regular. Ithink it's because I got the last round in. nice talking

Good times Bob , we will have to meet up, and I can get my round in Ha Ha.:hihi:

will pm you

I remember the drink shop/bar on Spital Hill, but my memory of it was in the 1950s. Lots of youngsters used it for non alcoholic drinks. It was an innocent age, and I recall we drank sasparella! But I have no memory of the peopole who ran it.

Was it in there where we used to buy Liquorice sticks and cinnamon sticks.I am talking about the time it was a herbalists.