Could we be heading for another Scottish Independence Referendum?

I haven't a clue what you're on about. The EU is an organisation of 28 nation-states. Germany, France, Italy, Poland, Spain et al are not regions. You are making something up to prove something that is not factually correct.

No. All you have to go is google "the regionalisation of Europe" or "an EU of the regions" and get reading.

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 11:23 ----------

Its time the UK split up. Everybody would be better off.

What a remarkable statement. How do you work that out?

No. All you have to go is google "the regionalisation of Europe" or "an EU of the regions" and get reading.

And all you have to do is present the evidence instead of expecting those who disagree with you to go looking for it.

The EU is indeed made of 28 nation-states. It is not run by regions. Regions do not have their own states. You're talking crap.

From what I gather, even Alex Salmond ruled out another referendum on Scottish independence 'for a generation' so the premise of this thread is premature.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/11230833/Nicola-Sturgeon-puts-second-referendum-at-top-of-agenda.html

Nicola Sturgeon puts second referendum at top of agenda

The 44-year-old succeeds Alex Salmond as SNP leader and names independence as one of her top priorities despite September's referendum defeat.

And all you have to do is present the evidence instead of expecting those who disagree with you to go looking for it.

The EU is indeed made of 28 nation-states. It is not run by regions. Regions do not have their own states. You're talking crap.

1. So you didn't bother to google then. I didn't think you would.

2. No the EU is not run by regions. Long term the idea is for the diminution of the nation state and for regions of the EU to be run from Brussels.

All the information is out there but I've grown tired of EU philes yapping "prove it, prove it", supplying the evidence and for them to respond with the intellectually devastating response of "So what".

If you want to stick your head in the sand carry on; but don't expect me to expend any energy into digging your head out of the sand.

1. So you didn't bother to google then. I didn't think you would.

2. No the EU is not run by regions. Long term the idea is for the diminution of the nation state and for regions of the EU to be run from Brussels.

1) It's not my job to prove your argument. If you can't be arsed neither can I.

2) The powers in the EU are the nation states. Brussels only has the powers the member states allow it. The EU can only be regions run by Brussels if Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Rome, etc, allow it. They won't allow it.

3) You're still talking crap.

1) It's not my job to prove your argument. If you can't be arsed neither can I.

2) The powers in the EU are the nation states. Brussels only has the powers the member states allow it. The EU can only be regions run by Brussels if Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Rome, etc, allow it. They won't allow it.

3) You're still talking crap.

You made the claim that Harrystottle is taking crap and making stuff up, yet you haven't supported that claim with any proof.

After all, the SNP are nationalists and therefore rightwing

this is a very odd thing to say. Recent history (and it has to be fairly recent as nationalism is a contemporary idea) is littered with left wing nationalist movements. Here is preliminary list of nationalist movements that were definitely not right wing at all and some of them were left wing to a pronounced extent :

Gandhi's Indian National Congress

Israeli Zionism

Arab Ba'thist movement

Irish Sinn Fein

Communist Yugoslav (especially anti Russian) nationalism under Tito

South African African National Congress and the Pan-African movement