Russell Brand rears his head again

So cutting the deficit is even more important, best hope that Labour don't get control of public finances.

Yeah, you never know, they might actually take some money back from the millionaires and give it to the real hard working people. Before you play the jealousy card, I'd be in said bracket and I'd gladly pay more tax, and the sooner all these ridiculous loopholes are closed, the better. Greed needs to be taxed to the gilt and the greedy need to be kicked out of this country. We can't afford to support them any more!!

It's not possible to spend less on the public sector. Their cuts have already been directly responsible for many deaths!

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 10:41 ----------

Rubbish!!!

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 10:43 ----------

And you should apply for the managers job at your football team. Either that or you should shut up complaining when they're not winning.

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 10:43 ----------

Resorting to complements, you mean?

So in one breath you complain that they haven't cut the deficit and the debt as gone up, but you actually don't want them to cut the deficit or pay off the debt because the we should be spending more.

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 10:59 ----------

and why not?

Because they will borrow more and spend more, making the inevitable crash worse than it would otherwise be.

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 11:00 ----------

Yeah, you never know, they might actually take some money back from the millionaires and give it to the real hard working people. Before you play the jealousy card, I'd be in said bracket and I'd gladly pay more tax, and the sooner all these ridiculous loopholes are closed, the better. Greed needs to be taxed to the gilt and the greedy need to be kicked out of this country. We can't afford to support them any more!!

They didn't for 13 years and they allowed the wealth gap to increase.

But still falling over the long term and not growing over the long term.
Rubbish!!!
Fill your boots:

<...>

Which currently is £90bn approx (steadily dropping from a historic high of £153.5bn in 2010/2011), and forecast to drop to zilch sometime in 2018 [Public sector net borrowing (forecast) in Parliament Standard Note SN/EP/5745 of 20/03/15 based on ONS and OBR data; 2015/16: £75bn; 2016/17: £39bn; 2017/18: £13bn; 2018/19: £-5bn (excedent); 2019/20: £-7bn (excedent again)].

<...>

[quote=Bonzo77;

And you should apply for the managers job at your football team. Either that or you should shut up complaining when they're not winning.

The relevant point is that Russell Brand has built up a massive following for his ideals.

Now that he has embraced the political system why doesn't he use this massive support to enable his ideals and theirs to become a reality.

Are Labour's future plans in line with his or has he surrendered his loudly proclaimed ideals for reality ?

The phrase that springs to mind is "Put your money where your mouth is "

The relevant point is that Russell Brand has built up a massive following for his ideals.

Now that he has embraced the political system why doesn't he use this massive support to enable his ideals and theirs to become a reality.

Are Labour's future plans in line with his or has he surrendered his loudly proclaimed ideals for reality ?

The phrase that springs to mind is "Put your money where your mouth is "

The point is, you can't have Cameron in office and expect change. He does nothing for us. He tells lies and doesn't follow through on his promises. That's an undeniable fact. Then he has the cheek to compare himself to a firefighter?! What a massive bell end!

What it boils down to is that we're better off fighting against a labour government than a Conservative one!

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 14:50 ----------

Fill your boots:

You actually believe that? :hihi:

Do you think that Brand will still want people to vote Labour if that happened? I now hope they win so that he can be one of those greedy millionaires kicked out.

Do you think that Brand will still want people to vote Labour if that happened? I now hope they win so that he can be one of those greedy millionaires kicked out.

How can you call him greedy? He's given millions away and doesn't earn a penny from his books or films! It all goes to worthy causes that he has set up or supports. :huh:

---------- Post added 06-05-2015 at 15:04 ----------

And the rats continue to abandon the ship. Brands facebook posts were attracting thousands of likes and hundreds of comments, now its way way down

No it's not. He still has over 3 million trews subscribers. Last time I read some of the comments I'd say it was close to 50% still supported him.

His stance hasn't changed. He just wants the Conservatives out.

You actually believe that? :hihi:
This is a Parliamentary report, not a Treasury or think-tank report or an opinion piece.

So considering the source and recipient (and accessorily the fact that I have failed to locate any criticism of it by the opposition -of any denomination- in the news since), yes.

And I see no reason not to, until and unless you or anyone else can disprove the data to date (with independent and factual evidence if you please), or the deficit fails to track the projection over time from the date of publication forward (if the Cons are voted in to carry it on past Thursday...otherwise all bets are off, naturally).

Over to you, and Mr 'champagne revolutionary' Brand :)

Edited by L00b

No it's not. He still has over 3 million trews subscribers. Last time I read some of the comments I'd say it was close to 50% still supported him.

His stance hasn't changed. He just wants the Conservatives out.

Is his stance still don't vote?