JSA, out of contributions, new sign-on..

Day 2 of my daily sign-on.

How ridiculous - it's actually costing me money to sign on as unemployed.

I no longer qualify for JSA because I've been unemployed for seven months, and my spouse earns a jot more than the threshold for income based benefit, so I receive absolutely nothing.

I can claim 25p a mile travelling expenses - 12 miles round-trip in my case - but nothing for parking, and seeing you don't know how long you're going to be kept waiting at the Centre, you've really got to choose more than an hour for parking time.

The reporting time is altered every day, so pre-arranging anything else is tricky as well.

The reason for insisting on daily attendance, as opposed to weekly?

"Support".

It's ridiculous. You know it, they know it. It's just to encourage you to sign off - another one less on the unemployment register. If anything it impedes your getting a job. As it's supposed to be for support, I'd keep a diary of just what 'help' you actually get, and take it to your MP.

I'm sure you'll remember to take it into consideration when you vote...

Hi RR, Did you contact the DWP for a pension forecast as i suggested on your last thread.

Certainly did.

Downloaded the "interactive PDF" from the .gov site.

It's interactive as far as being able to print it, complete it in black ink, and bang it in an envelope to them!

Expect a reply in 10 days-or-so........

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 15:20 ----------

If you get no payment what are you still signing on for?

A requirement for my mortgage insurance cover, covering 50% of monthly repayments, and therefore immaterial to the Job Centre, of course.

Equally, the JC's requirements are nothing to do with the insurance company.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 15:25 ----------

It must have a purpose this daily attendence thing?

"Support".

That was the only word used when I queried the need (yet again) yesterday.

It was followed by a shrug, from me and the staff member.

I wouldn't bother. Someone who has never worked all their lives and not paid NI contributions still receive the same as those who achieved 30 years on NI contributions.

It matters when it come to receiving a state pension as those credits can determine how much pension you can get.

Having said that the rules on pensions keep changing.

It matters when it come to receiving a state pension as those credits can determine how much pension you can get.

Having said that the rules on pensions keep changing.

I only mentioned it because about 6 months ago I did a comparison on the government website using my 30 plus years contributions and a nil contribution.

Both were the same!

Got yet another different time for tomorrow's appointment - early afternoon, as opposed to the 10.30 and 4.30 times so far!

Will find out tomorrow about the likelyhood of Saturday and Sunday's - yes, I know JC's aren't open for ordinary sign-ons, but these are "appointments" apparently....

Got yet another different time for tomorrow's appointment - early afternoon, as opposed to the 10.30 and 4.30 times so far!

Will find out tomorrow about the likelyhood of Saturday and Sunday's - yes, I know JC's aren't open for ordinary sign-ons, but these are "appointments" apparently....

I wonder how much this overkill is actually costing? Staff working Saturdays and Sundays doesn't come cheap.

Make sure you keep all this logged, and, hang on to any paperwork- it's all evidence.

It sounds like they've gone to extremes with you, and, it's possible they're breaking the law (not at all unusual for the DWP).

There are organisations out there with legal teams, if you keep the evidence, you may have an opportunity to hit back at the DWP, and, if so, you'd be performing a public service, cos a lot of what they're putting people through these days, is full on abuse.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 22:36 ----------

I wonder how much this overkill is actually costing? Staff working Saturdays and Sundays doesn't come cheap.

The DWP is an organisation of leeches which consumes and wastes a vast amount of public money. It's ironic that it continues it's abuses in large part by portraying it's 'clients' (victims) i.e. the unemployed and/or disabled as leeches themselves.

I have never known a JC to be open on the weekends, are you sure? :confused: