JSA, out of contributions, new sign-on..

"Back in 2003, or there about, I had a JSA claim. I found myself work. When I went to my final meeting at the Jobcentre, the official asked whether I would mind if he claimed that he had found me the job. I asked why he thought I should agree to that. He said that all the staff doing his kind of work were issued with a target they were expected to meet each week: they had to get so many people in to work each week, or there was increased likelihood of them losing their jobs. I was shocked, to say the least, as this represents an incentive to push people in to jobs for which they are not well suited. In turn, this increases the likelihood of upsetting both employers and jobseekers, and significantly increases the likelihood that the claimant will have another claim in a few months time."

Thanks Native Lad

A4E used to do the same type of thing, If you found a job on your own without their help, about a week after starting the job A4E would write to you and ask if it was OK for them to contact your employer. This was for them to claim they found you the employment and so claim their bonus.

---------- Post added 02-05-2015 at 22:14 ----------

This is the best advice I've seen on here so far, but like all the other advice it won't / can't help you very much as your tied into signing on with your Morgage company. It may well be worth writing to your morgage company to see if there is any leaway on these conditions?

Yes, I've met the 'can we take the credit?' thing before as well....Job Club, many years ago, when it was in Eversure House at the bottom of the Moor. Again, success at finding a job was absolutely nothing to do with the JC, but they wanted to fill a few boxes with a few ticks!

As regards the mortgage insurance, I don't think the building society will be interested, frankly - if anybody, it would be the insurance company, and although it's not a big mortgage compared to many, they'll need to see proof that I'm properly seeking work. They (like many organisations) are able to log into the Universal Jobsearch site to check my activities, and to contact the Job Centre/DWP to verify that I am actually unemployed.

Day 2 of my daily sign-on.

How ridiculous - it's actually costing me money to sign on as unemployed.

I no longer qualify for JSA because I've been unemployed for seven months, and my spouse earns a jot more than the threshold for income based benefit, so I receive absolutely nothing.

I can claim 25p a mile travelling expenses - 12 miles round-trip in my case - but nothing for parking, and seeing you don't know how long you're going to be kept waiting at the Centre, you've really got to choose more than an hour for parking time.

The reporting time is altered every day, so pre-arranging anything else is tricky as well.

The reason for insisting on daily attendance, as opposed to weekly?

"Support".

People still sign on so that their NI stamp/contribution is paid.

I see. Fair enough.

---------- Post added 07-05-2015 at 14:13 ----------

Dont know about this daily thing..they helping you find work or not?

Day 2 of my daily sign-on.

How ridiculous - it's actually costing me money to sign on as unemployed.

I no longer qualify for JSA because I've been unemployed for seven months, and my spouse earns a jot more than the threshold for income based benefit, so I receive absolutely nothing.

I can claim 25p a mile travelling expenses - 12 miles round-trip in my case - but nothing for parking, and seeing you don't know how long you're going to be kept waiting at the Centre, you've really got to choose more than an hour for parking time.

The reporting time is altered every day, so pre-arranging anything else is tricky as well.

The reason for insisting on daily attendance, as opposed to weekly?

"Support".

It's been many years since I was unemployed, so I don't know, but when you are required to go to the Job Centre on a daily basis, do they organise activities like skills training, or anything like that?

Edited by Mister M