Sportsman Inn, Harvey Clough Rd

Dreb48

First of all, I'm not knocking any pub that does its best to survive in today's climate and if it's now reached its target audience and thriving then good on em.

I just wondered what others who, like me, drank occasionally there in the past think of it now.

The decor and fittings are fine and what was desperately needed. My problem is this. 9 TV Screens.

Now that to me is at least 8 too many. I went in last year after the revamp and it was like having a beer sat in Currys. It just totally put me off returning.

I went with my daughter who I imagine is in their target age group and even she thought it was over the top and her a one time Big Tree regular.

A great pub in its heyday but that's when it had two snooker tables, a bowling green and waiters.

Hey Jim. I remember another great Tetleys stalwart the Abbey when it was the same. At least we managed to stop the brewery turning the green there into a car park years ago. The last waiter I can recall there was Jim Rodgers.

Hey Jim. I remember another great Tetleys stalwart the Abbey when it was the same. At least we managed to stop the brewery turning the green there into a car park years ago. The last waiter I can recall there was Jim Rodgers.

I might have exaggerated a little by using the plural. The old boy in the white jacket at the Sportsman that I remember was I think called Tom. He used to get terrible ribbings from the domino and card schools but always took it in good part.