Zero Hours Contracts - Pleased or Not

I most definitely aren't your mate

This has really upset me, I don't know what I'm going to do. My life is over. :roll:

---------- Post added 06-04-2015 at 09:06 ----------

There you go again Ron just when you show an ounce of respectability, you blow it in the next breath :roll:. ZHCs are fine for the people who have neither a mortgage/rent to pay weekly/monthly; for the young who have no responsibilities or for older people who (because after working full time all their lives have managed to buy a house/save for a pension) and have now retired and just want to get out of the house. they are no good for someone who wants to get on the housing ladder/ start a family /save for the future etc . what part of that cant you understand :loopy:

A couple of things here need addressing:

Which bit was the respectable bit and which was the bit where I "blew it"?

So if I give a ZHC to someone, I should ask whether they are trying to earn some extra money just to subsidise their pension or whether they actually need the money? If they are older people who don't need the job - it's OK to give it to them: but if they really need the job I shouldn't because Red Ed or his supporters say it's immoral? Or are you saying something else?

I am not approaching the employment situation from any other position than getting the job done and making my customers happy, whilst paying my staff well for the work I require them to do.

BTW and I do feel it is irrelevant, but the vast majority of my ZHC employees are ex public sector workers who have retired (early for normal people).

---------- Post added 06-04-2015 at 09:09 ----------

I was all the way with you 'til that. There was no need to insert the 'lefty' jibe.

OK. But I feel there was, it is Ed M who is proposing a ban along with Nationalist in the North. Both of whom are left wing.

BTW and I do feel it is irrelevant, but the vast majority of my ZHC employees are ex public sector workers who have retired (early for normal people).

we getting somewhere now ron you just hit the nail on the head :hihi: the vast majority are ex public sector workers who have (wait for it ) been employed for years in full time permanent work who because of this have been able to buy a house/had enough money to put into a pension and now can pick and choose if/ when they want to work. can you see where im coming from now :roll:

We are getting somewhere now Ron, you just hit the nail on the head. :hihi: The vast majority are ex public sector workers who have (wait for it ) been employed for years in full time permanent work who, because of this, have been able to buy a house/had enough money to put into a pension and now can pick and choose if/ when they want to work. Can you see where im coming from now? :roll:

No I don't - I'm not in business to provide employment - I'm in business to make money. I will treat my staff fairly: they respond well to that. I will pay them well: they respond well to that. I'm not here to support people other than my customers and my family. I absolutely detest someone like Red Ed telling me how I should run my businesses. Someone who has never had to run a business and serve customers to make ends meet.

If I give jobs away just for the sake of it, I would be out of business pretty quickly and all my staff would lose their jobs. Full time, part time and ZHCs.

There still hasn't been a single real person on here who is on a ZHC, who is dissatisfied with the arrangement.

No I don't - I'm not in business to provide employment - I'm in business to make money. I will treat my staff fairly: they respond well to that. I will pay them well: they respond well to that. I'm not here to support people other than my customers and my family. I absolutely detest someone like Red Ed telling me how I should run my businesses. Someone who has never had to run a business and serve customers to make ends meet.

If I give jobs away just for the sake of it, I would be out of business pretty quickly and all my staff would lose their jobs. Full time, part time and ZHCs.

There still hasn't been a single real person on here who is on a ZHC, who is dissatisfied with the arrangement.

you still haven't addressed what I put to you in my previous post (I wonder why):suspect:

No I don't - I'm not in business to provide employment - I'm in business to make money.

The big point that separates Labour from the Conservatives.

A business has to make money, once it makes money it can hire more staff to make even more money.

Many Conservatives have run businesses, hence know what is needed. Many Labour MPs are career politicians, the ones who joined the Labour party at Uni and then spent years helping current MPs in offices, with no idea whatsoever of how a business is run.

The big point that separates Labour from the Conservatives.

A business has to make money, once it makes money it can hire more staff to make even more money.

Many Conservatives have run businesses, hence know what is needed. Many Labour MPs are career politicians, the ones who joined the Labour party at Uni and then spent years helping current MPs in offices, with no idea whatsoever of how a business is run.

A point emphasised by a senior Conservative minister who told a Liberal Democrat cabinet colleague: “You take care of the workers and we’ll take care of the bosses” in a private Whitehall meeting to discuss the Coalition Government’s priorities.

Meanwhile the Tories try to claim credit for lifting low paid workers out of tax:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/danny-alexander-interview-i-heard-a-senior-tory-tell-a-lib-dem-colleague-you-take-care-of-the-workers-and-well-take-care-of-the-bosses-10157452.html

No doubt Tory Party Chairman Grant Schapps / Michael Green has plenty to say about business http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/03/16/the-tactics-grant-shapps-used-to-escape-michael-green :hihi:

Edited by Mister M

A point emphasised by a senior Conservative minister who told a Liberal Democrat cabinet colleague: “You take care of the workers and we’ll take care of the bosses” in a private Whitehall meeting to discuss the Coalition Government’s priorities.

Meanwhile the Tories try to claim credit for lifting low paid workers out of tax:http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/danny-alexander-interview-i-heard-a-senior-tory-tell-a-lib-dem-colleague-you-take-care-of-the-workers-and-well-take-care-of-the-bosses-10157452.html

No doubt Tory Party Chairman Grant Schapps / Michael Green has plenty to say about business http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2015/03/16/the-tactics-grant-shapps-used-to-escape-michael-green :hihi:

Heaven forbid someone should run a business, employ people and try to make money. Money on which he paid tax to support the public sector (the private sector is where the money for the public sector comes from) and to support those who can't or won't work.

The Tories voted for the raise in personal allowance. They got it through.

Lowering the 50% rate (to a rate that was still above the rate it had been for all but the last nanosecond of the last Labour regime) was essential to try to encourage growth and to try to encourage entrepreneurs to invest in expanding, creating jobs. It also stopped the brain drain of the High net worth individuals leaving for Switzerland etc.

Some narrow minded individuals think that millionaires don't pay tax anyway and in the next breath say that this was a tax cut for millionaires. It is so illogical and harking back to the politics of envy.

---------- Post added 06-04-2015 at 14:31 ----------

Anyway, we digress. There must be some someone on one of these evil ZHCs that are so prolific and destroying the country?? :loopy:

You have to take care of the bosses - as in ensure they can actively grow their business. That is not take care as in ensure they have a great lifestyle.

---------- Post added 06-04-2015 at 14:47 ----------

A man runs a business and makes money.

---------- Post added 06-04-2015 at 14:51 ----------

There must be some someone on one of these evil ZHCs that are so prolific and destroying the country?? :loopy:

The new Labour candidate to replace Meg Munn, Louise Haigh, is using the zero hours contracts as part of her campaign. She moans that she started work on a zero hours contract in a call centre in her student days.

Ironically, if she had been told when she was offered the job that it was a contract and that she would have had to work 20 hours a week, would she have taken it? Particularly as Universities discourage students from working more than 16 hours a week?

Heaven forbid someone should run a business, employ people and try to make money. Money on which he paid tax to support the public sector (the private sector is where the money for the public sector comes from) and to support those who can't or won't work.

:loopy:

try telling that to the people of Sheffield and elsewhere where the private sector is running council services (public sector) paid for by taxpayers (both private and public):roll: