Gig at Sheffield City Hall (1968/9)

hi there. I'm looking for someone who has a better memory than I have.

Does anyone remember a gig in the mid 60s. I think the Who were top of the bill and there were lots of other acts as well. I keep thinking Led Zeppelin were on the bill also ( but the rational side of me says that's highly unlikely)

Does this stir any memories. ........ or is my memory playing tricks with me?????

hi there. I'm looking for someone who has a better memory than I have.

Does anyone remember a gig in the mid 60s. I think the Who were top of the bill and there were lots of other acts as well. I keep thinking Led Zeppelin were on the bill also ( but the rational side of me says that's highly unlikely)

Does this stir any memories. ........ or is my memory playing tricks with me?????

I think it could have been Oct 1967. Your memories probably playing tricks on you, Janet. I think I was there but i don't remember seeing you :)

Saw them at Richmond Jazz Festival in August 1965. They were on the opening night with the Yardbirds and the Moody Blues.

Saturday night was Manfred Mann , Georgia Fame, Graham Bond Org

Sunday night was Spencer Davies, Animals, Steam Packet with LJB, Jools and the not yet superstar Rod the Mod.

As it was still a jazz festival there was some of that as well. Kenny Ball, Chris Barber, Ottilie Patterson anybody? No, I thought not.

Thanks everyone for replying - nikki-red, Dreb48 and Donny Be Good. You've clarified things for me. I did see The Who and Led Zeppelin in the 60s but clearly not on the same bill. And, Dreb48, I do believe it was the 67 Who gig I was at

---------- Post added 03-04-2015 at 13:24 ----------

Saw them at Richmond Jazz Festival in August 1965. They were on the opening night with the Yardbirds and the Moody Blues.

Saturday night was Manfred Mann , Georgia Fame, Graham Bond Org

Sunday night was Spencer Davies, Animals, Steam Packet with LJB, Jools and the not yet superstar Rod the Mod.

As it was still a jazz festival there was some of that as well. Kenny Ball, Chris Barber, Ottilie Patterson anybody? No, I thought not.

Wow, that's some line up. I may not have appreciated the Jazz at the time, but now......... well that's a different story?

Thanks everyone for replying - nikki-red, Dreb48 and Donny Be Good. You've clarified things for me. I did see The Who and Led Zeppelin in the 60s but clearly not on the same bill. And, Dreb48, I do believe it was the 67 Who gig I was at��

---------- Post added 03-04-2015 at 13:24 ----------

Wow, that's some line up. I may not have appreciated the Jazz at the time, but now......... well that's a different story��

Traditional Jazz was pretty big around that time Kenny Ball seemed to be in the charts constantly as was Acker Bilk. There too is the Zep link to the Who,Jimmy Paige started them after the Yardbirds were finished, Led Zeppelin, that is

Edited by TORONTONY