US drone have murdered 1000's

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil-minx92 viewpost.gif

You forgot to mention that Obama and Cameron are reptilian shape shifters :hihi:

There will always be people on this forum that when lacking the ability to make an informed argument or refute something in an intelligent way will resort to insulting either the message or the messenger (or both) in a childish attempt to belittle or discredit things they either fail to understand or just don't want to know. These people are more often than not closed minded and often will not even accept the truth when presented with it. The kind of people that believe without question that man has walked on the moon.

---------- Post added 14-04-2015 at 13:41 ----------

I don't care which people are naive enough to trust or believe what when it comes to what the media tell us.

As long as the extremist nutters keep going abroad to die who cares, I just wish they'd all go as soon as possible. The more that go the longer it will perhaps be before the Uk becomes an islamic state.

Have you also noticed that these people always have a secret access "to the truth" and the media in general are completely misinformed.

Funny though when you ask them about where they get their "truth" from none of them seems to have an answer

Have you also noticed .............. the media in general are completely misinformed.

Not really; I have never thought for one minute that the media are misinformed nor have I for many years believed for one minute that the media do not misinform.

A subtle but massive difference.

Nor do I doubt that the same people who own those that own that the media also own the people that pull our politicians strings.

The Media are very selective in what they report.

Utter scum.

It might be for the best though.... do you think everyone could handle the truth if we ALL were suddenly to start being told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I think a lot of people enjoy their ignorance and would prefer when pushed to call it innocent naivety.

It might be for the best though.... do you think everyone could handle the truth if we ALL were suddenly to start being told the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I think a lot of people enjoy their ignorance and would prefer when pushed to call it innocent naivety.

So in order to protect the pathetically weak-minded, it's best if we lie and skew the facts ?

Disgraceful if you ask me.

Not really; I have never thought for one minute that the media are misinformed nor have I for many years believed for one minute that the media do not misinform.

A subtle but massive difference.

Nor do I doubt that the same people who own those that own that the media also own the people that pull our politicians strings.

Well I wouldn't know either way. I'm not much though into the "Mr Big, evil master puppeteer of the world who manipulates everything" theory. A lot of that thinking is mindless crap which has to have had it's origins in too many bloody awful Hollywood movies, churned out by bloody awful movie makers who prefer to make a quick profit from the shallow minded who pay to see that kind of stuff.

I watch the news media a lot and probably on average switch to three different media outlets within the space of a half hour. I think they overall do and accurate and fair job of reporting local and world news even giving news time to the amateur video tapers who show" innocent old simple village elders" babbling away to the camera that a drone has just wiped out X number of his fellow villagers. The X number of villagers being those shot by the Taliban and laid in a heap nearby.

What would be a viable alternative to the media as we know it today? State controlled, clean, pure, honest news reporting?

That's a big laugh for a start

Well I wouldn't know either way. I'm not much though into the "Mr Big, evil master puppeteer of the world who manipulates everything" theory. A lot of that thinking is mindless crap which has to have had it's origins in too many bloody awful Hollywood movies, churned out by bloody awful movie makers who prefer to make a quick profit from the shallow minded who pay to see that kind of stuff.

Its over 12 years since I watched a movie, so hollywood has had no influence over myself. I don't believe in a single mr big either, one person vould not possibly get everything done.

I have found though that dismissing other people's, often considered, opinions as 'mindless crap' etc rather than lessening their beliefs tends to belittle your own.

I watch the news media a lot and probably on average switch to three different media outlets within the space of a half hour.

What is the point of watching news from different outlets and execting them to be anything other than similar when ultimately they are all controlled by the same people?

What would be a viable alternative to the media as we know it today? State controlled, clean, pure, honest news reporting?

That's a big laugh for a start

At least you got that right.

Edited by Tommo68

Its over 12 years since I watched a movie, so hollywood has had no influence over myself. I don't believe in a single mr big either, one person vould not possibly get everything done.

I have found though that dismissing other people's, often considered, opinions as 'mindless crap' etc rather than lessening their beliefs tends to belittle your own.

What is the point of watching news from different outlets and execting them to be anything other than similar when ultimately they are all controlled by the same people?

At least you got that right.

Who are these "same people" ??

Thats unfair,the Yanks are immensely generous, what about Haiti? What about the billions they pumped into South east Asia after the Tsunami? The Marshall plan? This are acts of huge kindness and magnanimity.

Largely unreported but none the less done with no obvious advantage to the giver.

---------- Post added 07-04-2015 at 11:19 ----------

I agree with much of the above, allowing this to be the case, what do we do now and for the forseeable future? I feel we should protect ourselves ruthlessly, the use of drones, boots on the ground etc whatever it takes. Me must get the terrorist on the back foot quickly, this is the biggest threat to our lives and liberty since Hitler.

There is no compromising here, no appeasement. The only solution is the kill them before they kill us.

It's strange, Alan Ladd, how none of this is ever mentioned by the haters. Maybe they never heard of it. I was a teenager when WW2 ended. Instead of hounding Germany into the ground, General George Marshall promoted the Marshall Plan to rebuild West Germany, at the same time as General McArthur took over the rebuilding of Japan. By their work the US created two good allies out of mortal enemies.