Sheffield Half Marathon 2015

Brilliant run with lots of people staying out to cheer on those of us at the back of the field. Arranging wind in our faces gusting to 40mph on the uphill sections certainly added to the sense of achievement at the end. Apparently we climbed over 2000 feet - and dropped back down again with a good tail wind.

It didn't bother me, but the toilet queues looked very long at the start.

Well done everone who took part today....whatever the time its a fantastic achievemnt.

Btw, I did in 1.54.31. I would have been happier if If I had finished sub 1.50. never mind...I didnt want to push too hard in the first 5 or 6 miles ...

I Received a text too but can't find my time on the result page. anyway not something I bother too much...

I Received a text too but can't find my time on the result page. anyway not something I bother too much...

I emailed them about it, hopefully it's some computer glitch they can put right. I definitely had my BIB on for the duration of the race and crossed the mats. Bit annoying not to get an official time though.

Are you doing the treble thing by the way (gold bib), wonder if it's something to do with that..

I emailed them about it, hopefully it's some computer glitch they can put right. I definitely had my BIB on for the duration of the race and crossed the mats. Bit annoying not to get an official time though.

Are you doing the treble thing by the way (gold bib), wonder if it's something to do with that..

Yes its a gold bib..but I am a double season ticket holder...Will be doing the Leeds Half next month...can't even think of doing a full:):)

I was kicking myself this morning when I hadn't entered and went down to town see the start and finish.

What a great event - good crowds, great atmosphere on the trams into and out of town, and saw some really inspiring runners from all backgrounds.

I am definitely applying for next year.

Well done to everyone who beat the hills and wind and finished - great running!

Have to say though, collecting baggage after the race was a fiasco (massive queue which wasn't moving, had to give up after 30 mins stood still and getting cold). Hope they have a better system next year...

I thought the organisation was good but agree the bags were a mess.

For London you get a strong plastic bag and stick a copy of your number on front. You then hand it to a open lorry but it is done by numbers not waves. The lorry drives to the finish, opens up again and the staff attempt to put the bags in some sort of order.

The problem today was that they used buses and did it in waves. The staff ended up bringing the bags out as far too time consuming to keep looking for them on the bus.

Good day but something they may need to look at for next year.