Witnesses Wanted - Barrie Crescent, 06-04-15 at 03:20

Did anyone witness a dark colored Vauxhall Corsa in the early hours of Monday the 6th of April at around 03:20 on Barrie Crescent?

The driver of the vehicle stole my wife's rear passenger wheel.

CCTV shows a person on a cycle bike riding past moments before the wheel was removed from my wife's silver Corsa which was parked on the bend just before Barrie Crescent meets Morgan Avenue.

The vehicle in question has been spotted by the police but they are unable to prove that the wheel on the back seat did in fact come from my wife's car. We are looking for any information that might positively identify the driver of the vehicle. Clothing, hair style, type of shoes etc.

Any information can be reported here or anonymously to the police by calling 101 and giving incident number 180 of 06/04/15

Thanks for any help, really will be appreciated.

Did anyone witness a dark colored Vauxhall Corsa in the early hours of Monday the 6th of April at around 03:20 on Barrie Crescent?

The driver of the vehicle stole my wife's rear passenger wheel.

CCTV shows a person on a cycle bike riding past moments before the wheel was removed from my wife's silver Corsa which was parked on the bend just before Barrie Crescent meets Morgan Avenue.

The vehicle in question has been spotted by the police but they are unable to prove that the wheel on the back seat did in fact come from my wife's car. We are looking for any information that might positively identify the driver of the vehicle. Clothing, hair style, type of shoes etc.

Any information can be reported here or anonymously to the police by calling 101 and giving incident number 180 of 06/04/15

Thanks for any help, really will be appreciated.

My bold=

I would ask the police the odds of of a suspect car having a corsa rear wheel similar to one just stolen on the back seat!

The police are the ones taking the **** here fella, do you know the reg of the suspects car?

If you do send it via pm and I will keep an eye out for it as I live near Watercliffe meadow school myself...

Edited by mafya

The police are the ones taking the **** here fella

I know the police are a hot topic these days but... they can only operate within the confines of the law. Even if it was the exact wheel that came from my wife's car there's no way to prove that the owner of the black Corsa is in fact the suspect. It could be that someone else took their car and used it to take the wheel.

The police are very confident that the car seen with the wheel on the back seat is the one in question as it was already stopped in the area last night and the occupants are known criminals.

To my knowledge the car was seized by the police and taken away as evidence to the crime. This I believe is an attempt to interrupt the more serious criminal activities carried out by its owner and their associates.

They said I'll get the wheel back and although it's been a pain getting woken up at 4am I'm just glad that it wasn't damaged in any other way really.

There's no VRN as it's just that little too far away (the camera covers 25 meters but the house is 15 meters away from the road) there is clear images of the suspect but not enough to do facial matching in the low light.

Have the police dusted your car for prints???

They will have almost certainly touched your car at some point, they could have used gloves tho.

Unfortunately the car was wet so no prints. I've bagged the jack they left the car propped up with (using gloves) and I've updated the incident but the jack was also wet so I'm not hopeful. There could be the possibility of my prints being on the wheel but since it's been driven to Milton Keynes and back since the last time I touched them it's a very slim possibility.

The police are the ones taking the **** here fella ...

I tend to agree, the brand of the tyres could be the same as other tyres on the car. But unless they were caught in the area, they would to know what to charge them with, stealing or receiving ....

They quite often have other stolen items, if they look like up-standing citizens, the police might have no option but to drop the case.