Trying to find my uncle

Hi everybody this is a bit of a stab in the dark really.

My dad was born in Sheffield 1927. His name was Ronald Simonite had a sister called Anne and a brother called Gordon. Dad went into the Sherwood Forresters and my uncle Gordon moved to Australia late 40's early 50's. Can anyone remember the surname or the family? Unfortunatly I don't know what address they lived at but I have a yearning to find my uncle as I no longer have my dad.

I wasn't born when Gordon left for Australia.

Can anyone help or give me some pointers please.

Thankyou so much you lovely Yorkshire people.

Hello just finished work ( mental health)

Hi Trevor and say hi to I think it's your daughter.

Angie here youngest daughter of Ron who sadly died over ten years ago. Mum is still alive at 86 although she does have falls now and then bless her.

I have often thought of you guys and how dads side of the family are doing. Do we still have uncle Gordon? He did phone mum asking for Dad but that was a number of years ago now and we didn't have a number or his whereabouts in Oz. I believe you mum died some years ago too and your nan was called Annie too? Still have the photo's of them all at mums!

Who would have thought by posting this I have actually managed to make contact with family wow!! X

Hello again , I have a feeling your name is Gary , please correct me if I'm wrong . It wasn't my daughter that responded , I think it was my brothers daughter Lisa . Your right about our nan , she was also called Annie as was mum . Mum passed away quite a few years ago now at the age of 65 . Dad wad 82 when he died approx 15 years ago . We were going to go to oz for our 40th wedding anniversary last year and I spent 12 months trying to locate Gordons family but never had a response . I believe both Ron and Maureen who had MS have both passed away as has The other brother Cyril who was a pub Landlord in Sheffield . Please give me a call on 01909732463 or post me your number and I would love to catch up . Regards Trevor .

Edited by TrevorN

Hi Trevor....Who's Gary?

I'm Angie then there's Pat and Rons son Frank.

I was told by mum that uncle Gordon's wife was poorly for a long time and died but we didnt know if Gordon is still alive... So hard to track some one down when Australia is so big.

I wish I could have at least seen a photo of him mum said he was a nice chap.

You know even though my dad met mum in Germany he never forgot where he came from and didn't quite lose the accent ! Erry up he'd say!!

i may have one of Cyril I'd have to check with mum, if he had a handlebar moustache it may be him??

i have to sign off soon (early start)

Thanks for your number and hopefully be in touch soon.

Angie x

Hi again Angie , sorry for the confusion . My brother Stuart's daughter picked up on your post and Stuart contacted me and he said he thought it was Gary who was trying to make contact . Gary is the son of Gordon and Maureen . Cyril is the one with the moustache . I can remember coming to your mum Gertrude's house , near Ilkeston , when we very young , we loved playing in the orchard next to your house which was full of damson trees if ii remember rightly . Your mum used to have a large frying pan she filled with lard and fried onions , and then spread it on bread when it was cold . Where all a lot older now obviously and that's the reason we thought all mums side of the family had all gone . Look forward to hearing from you .