Trying to find my uncle

Score one for the forum

:clap::clap: Yes I got back in touch with my cousin Joto through here although we never completely lost touch. Not sure whether she thinks it was a good thing but she can blame Den as he found the forum :hihi::hihi:

Seriously I am glad because I have also found the best of friends though SF

May I say thank you for your kind words everyone.

Hi Trevor I've just been speaking to my sister Patti and she chuckled about the lard and onions saying she remembers it well neither of us knew Gordon had a son!So we have another cousin??We chatted about dad going to the pictures as a boy in Sheffield and how they would stamp their feet in hobnail boots (when the baddie came on ) throwing monkey nuts at the screen!! I'm sure we'd be locked up now for that!!! Tomorrow I'll be going to mums and I'll let you know what photo's I find. Bye for now Angie x

Hi Angie , I have also spoken to my sister and gleaned some further information from her . Gordon had a son and a daughter , who's name we cannot recall . My sister Karen was due to go with mum and dad to see Gordon off to oz but had a fall on the day and broke her collar bone ending in a trip to hospital . She assures me she was 12 when it happened , she wouldn't want everyone to know her age , lol , so all I will say is it was 1962 , so that must be the year Gordon left the UK as a £10 Pom . Gordon won a substantial amount of money on the Australian lottery and contacted mum and dad with a view to coming over for a visit . Doctors advised against Maureen traveling , so they told dad to buy the tickets and go over and see them . They went over for 5 weeks . It's a long story but someone loaned dad a decent camera and when he got home the camera hadn't been working so they had no photos of the trip ! Mum passed away in May 1993 and dad passed away 8 years later in 2001 . Catch up with you soon Trevor x

---------- Post added 08-04-2015 at 21:19 ----------

Sorry Angie , just re read message and realised I had typed 1962 and it should have been 1967 ( the year Gordon left for Australia )

Hi Trevor hope your well.

I went on gov sight and its documented a G. Simonite travelled on the Fairsky which departed from Southampton on Feb 14th 1968 under assisted passage migration scheme (how fascinating) putting the pieces together!

I managed to take a few photos of mums album (nothing too exciting) but there are a couple of your nan.

Could you possibly send me your email rather than post on the forum as there will be more to come.

acclowes@hotmail.co.uk

Angie x

---------- Post added 09-04-2015 at 18:07 ----------

Or just email me straight and I'll check it later x