Running a red light.

No.

I had more important things to worry about at that time than what bus drivers do in buses i don't use.

My point was that running a red light is not so uncommon because amber is seen as fair game by many drivers. Ignore the stale green and run a few ambers and you edge closer towards running a red.

Stop at amber (unless, as per the HC, you have already crossed the line or you are so close it ... Etc) and you won't ever see red.

On the other side of the argument (I.e. Worrying, say, about what bus drivers are doing when you are not on the bus):

Green is only "proceed with caution" - on a fresh green checking sideways for the cops and robbers, the violator, the lapse or error from the bus, taxi, VIP, late, away-with-the-fairies, on-the-phone driver is a pretty good idea. (The alternative, I guess, is to take the view that it won't hurt that much and there's always the claim and a pay-out).

Edited by DT Ralge