Council land for sale

No they are Kier Assests team who were outsourced by the lib dems prior to them losing council control, but hey don't let the facts spoil your ill informed rant:rolleyes:

I fail to see how you interpret my post as a 'rant' - but then in my experience those with little sence have even less rationality.

I don't really care who owns what or who is selling what on behalf of whom - my opinion stands on the fact that councils are corrupt and most of their financial operations are based on back handers and 'The Old Boys Club'.

The bottom line is that Thatcher's legacy of selling off council properties has in the main benefitted big business rather than individual home-owners.

Have a google for how many properties are repossessed annually - see how well ionformed you are.

Edited by Slikkwiver

The Council don't operate in a policy vacuum.

Local councils are being "encouraged" by the Government to sell off land for housing development:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13684111

Also see this from the Audit Commission:

http://www.audit-commission.gov.uk/2014/06/can-local-governments-2-5-billion-surplus-assets-be-put-to-better-use-2/

---------- Post added 09-04-2015 at 17:41 ----------

And if you read the link provided, it's not even up for sale, but for lease.

You're buying the leasehold (150 years), not the freehold, in other words. A lot of people buy houses on similar terms. This is "selling land" in any meaningful sense.

I fail to see how you interpret my post as a 'rant' - but then in my experience those with little sence have even less rationality.

I don't really care who owns what or who is selling what on behalf of whom - my opinion stands on the fact that councils are corrupt and most of their financial operations are based on back handers and 'The Old Boys Club'.

The bottom line is that Thatcher's legacy of selling off council properties has in the main benefitted big business rather than individual home-owners.

Have a google for how many properties are repossessed annually - see how well ionformed you are.

I'll ignore your poor spelling, but your rant contains various inaccuracies you have no proof about "back handers" or any other sort of corruption.

If you have then please evidence it.

The sale of this land has nothing to do with the RTB scheme so can't understand why you have mentioned council houses

I'll ignore your poor spelling, but your rant contains various inaccuracies you have no proof about "back handers" or any other sort of corruption.

If you have then please evidence it.

The sale of this land has nothing to do with the RTB scheme so can't understand why you have mentioned council houses

Oh dear - the old - 'You're useless at spelling' and the 'you're making a rant' allegations raise their desperate heads again - trying to score cheap points are we?

Well you go ahead for my spelling is quite good enough but obviously I'm not infallible as you apparently are.

Can we take it then, that you have never (in adulthood at least) mis-spelled a word?

Ooo - and you use abbreviations too - you really must be sooo clever I refer to the RTB scheme because I freaking well want to and anyway the discussion goes into more generalised comments regarding land sale well before I added my two cents - so perhaps you'd better check each post I think you might have quite a lot of posts to demand corrections of.

Evidence of corruption is rarely uncovered as the corrupt slime balls that steal from us have very clever methods with which to ply their snide dealings.

However the people of this city might not be so stupid as you may think and though our spelling is sometimes questionable, our common sense is quite intact.

Edited by Slikkwiver
SPELLING MISTAKE!!!

what bothers me is that, for example, the land upon which Abbeydale Grange School stood, has been sold off bit by bit for housing.

First the sixth form centre, and the beautiful old houses which held it, The Grange and Holt House, were destroyed to build housing for the elderly... now both upper school and lower school have gone also to provide housing.

this, presumably will constitute mostly family-oriented housing...

Where the hell will the children of those families go to school? the local secondary schools like king Eckberts, High Storrs and Silverdale are already drastically oversubscribed, and were nigh on impossible to get into, even forty years ago, when I went up to secondary school.

and here we have.... schools being demolished to build housing.

What a cockeyed, shortsighted, assback'ards way to do it.

IMO, it's all about the area, and the prestige of the address with the building on the land that belonged to Abbeydale Grange. Cram the houses into the "desireable" area along Abbeydale road, toward Beauchief, and Dore-and-Totley, and put premium prices on them... the developers will be raking it in.

Kier took over most of the council years ago. This really annoys me to the hilt for different reasons. I moved from Shiregreen to Gleadless valley a couple of years ago. I had bought/ rescued a small pony for my kids. Everyone fell in love with our little brandy lol and he was a common sight, being walked on Ecclesfield bottom.

Alas We had to move as area was getting worse.

No problem, I thought, plenty of green spaces up here Gleadless valley? Yes there is but not so much as a blade of grass for a small pony!

We had to leave him behind to find a new home over at Bradfield bless him.

Kids heartbroken. All this land round here! No grazing available anywhere cos it's all being sold off :(

---------- Post added 08-04-2015 at 09:12 ----------

Ideal little field Heeley green? Nah it's under offer by KIER!

How is you not having anywhere to illegally keep a Pony Kier's fault? If the land is for sale, it's because the council have instructed them to sell it.