Fair amendment to discipline policy?

So are you saying that employers can sack people without knowing if they are guilty of an offence then? I didnt know that that is shocking.

Yes they can unfortunately, your employer doesn't actually need to have proper proof you've done something wrong.

It is a nightmare employing people. If they do something wrong, and this is fairly evident but you still have to keep them on full pay whilst they are suspended. This allows the employer off that particular expensive hook.

If you don't like the terms and conditions you could always get a job elsewhere

In my job, if I'm suspended on full pay, and then fired after an investigation my employers can insist that I pay back my wages from the point I was suspended to the time that I was fired.

I thought that this was a pretty standard employment clause. I'd guess that this encourages people with an open and shut case gross misconduct case to resign rather than go through a lengthy process.

I was also surprised to find out that if I'm involved in an accident, and I receive compensation for that accident I have to pay back any sick pay I may have received out of the compensation.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

I was also surprised to find out that if I'm involved in an accident, and I receive compensation for that accident I have to pay back any sick pay I may have received out of the compensation.

I think that's a fairly common clause as well..

In my job, if I'm suspended on full pay, and then fired after an investigation my employers can insist that I pay back my wages from the point I was suspended to the time that I was fired.

I thought that this was a pretty standard employment clause. I'd guess that this encourages people with an open and shut case gross misconduct case to resign rather than go through a lengthy process.

All sounds ok to me!

---------- Post added 09-04-2015 at 13:58 ----------

Small businesses are the worst affected by overzealous employment legislation. It can cripple a business

---------- Post added 08-04-2015 at 17:46 ----------

LOL :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Zero hour contracts all the way lol